Hasegawa Ki-84 Hayate Type KOU, 182nd Shinbu Tai

Hello Again all. Seeing this new group build posted inspired me this morning to go through the stash and look at all of the started projects that I have, and honestly try to remember why I put them on the "Shelf of Doom". There are way too many abandoned projects in my "hangar".......

This Hasegawa Frank was started somewhere in 2012/ 2013, and was relegated to the unfinished pile for reasons I can no longer remember. Looking over the kit and it's contents, I had gotten fairly well along with it, having the main airframe built and all of the seams filled with CA. It looks like I will need to rescribe some lost detail, and fill a few sink marks I have not noticed before. I was building it out of the box, as a break from some other heavy projects I had on the go. I was close to breaking out the airbrush, but did not get the last 10% of the prep work done. Here is a photo of what I pulled out of the box this morning.....

20170601_104824.jpg

It looks like I have some seam work to take care of on the nose, some rescribing of panel lines around the seams, a few ejector pin marks on the gear, and finish fitting the flaps in the retracted postion.

Looking forward to diving in later today.

Onward-

THOR    :ninja:

Edited by bdthoresen

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Come on Thor, whip that puppy into shape.  We both have a thing for Japanese fighters and the Ki-84 was probably the best one the rising sun had in WWII.  Remember I built the Doyusha kit years ago?  With a little effort you can push this one across the finish line, I'm rootin' fer ya!!