Built testshot of Revell´s He-219A-0

Guest Vulcan32

Guest Smitty44

Actually, I am more impressed by the scale concrete and puddle. Now that I won't buy one though. Thanks!!

Edited by Smitty44

Well that's sucks a whole lot.  Same kit as the A-7 by the looks of it what did they change other than the radar???? 

This particular A-0 is a prototype and has a different canopy.  Specifically, the rear section is bulged upward, whereas all other production aircraft had streamlined canopies in the rear.  Also, the engine nacelles were slightly shorter on A-0's so as to accomodate a slightly smaller coolant container.  Whether Revell has actually shortened the nacelle's is another matter...

Actually, as far as Heinkel He 219's go, this is probably the most famous one to ever fly.  It's the aircraft flown by Werner Streib in 1943 that shot down four Lancaster's and a Halifax in one night!  The aircraft crashed on landing, but Streib and his radio operator survived the crash.

Edited by esarmstrong

I'll state flat out I have no interest in the model. I built the FROG one while still at school, and that fully satisfied my curiosity about the type.

But I will add that getting all those dipoles perfectly in line from every perspective must be a biatch of a job, and one that Revell's featured model builder failed at.

Not saying it's fair, but on such sixpences, sales turn.

Edited by Chek

The aircraft crashed on landing, but Streib and his radio operator survived the crash.

True. Streib stated that an electrical failure caused the spring-loaded flaps to suddenly retract and resulted in the crash. So, modeling them down might not be accurate.