paul fisher

The Spad is out of the Bag....A-1E / AD-5 Skyraider conversion

Next some other pics that PB sent into the cosmos......Grrrr

This is just a general view of the form, before I got started into the weeds...There is an AMAZING amount of detail difference between the single and multi place  Spads, like all projects this one is trying to eat me, but I digress...

LEzjEVz.jpg

1WIaWvL.jpg

​WOW!!  it look very fantastic conversion set Paul! :goodjob: 

I want to see how the casting process of the cockpit clear parts has been done and definitely it'll come out with very impressed results on this "Fat Face" bird,

because it's all about the look and stand out for this multiple seats version Spad... 

by the way the fuselage come with recessed panel lines? 

Tom,  ;) 

One thing that doesn't look quite right to my eyes is the prop with the Trumpeter kits. What do folks plan to do to correct the prop? I notice that AMS offers new prop blades for the Trumpeter Skyraider-- is this the way to go?

Bill M.

I am sending an extra batch of props to Sprue next week....

Harold

Do you any other parts and pieces that we should consider when building Paul's Navy conversion combined with the Trumpeter AD-4.  If ordering from Sprue would like to get everything in one batch to save shipping.

Jerry

Guest Maxim

Looks really great Paul! What an excellent decision to do this conversion for the Spad. I for one like the A-1E much better!. Sign me up for one also!.

Been waiting for this for many years.  I have just sold on e bay my wife brand new shoes to buy this... Hurry and finish this one until she notices the shoes are gone...lol.

Oliver

Are the frames on the windscreen actually slightly curved, or is that the photos just making it look like that? They should be straight lines, from top to bottom. I would not like to modify a resin canopy if it comes to that.

Greg

Guest Maxim

I think Paul said in an earlier post it will come with decals.