paul fisher

The Spad is out of the Bag....A-1E / AD-5 Skyraider conversion

Guest Maxim

That kit looks really nice and Paul makes a great product. I think I'll be picking one of these up as I never really liked the single seat Skyraider. I can see a SEA camo scheme in my near future. Great work as always Paul!

Maxim.

Hi Paul,

Are you going to include in clear resin the big light that was added on the tail leading edge of some planes?

My AF one will probably be "Georgia Ann" or "Corn fed" as I cannot imagine a Skyraider WITHOUT a nose art ;-)  Hopefully, I got enough pictures when I made the research for the single seat A-1 Zotz sets. "Carolyn's Jolly" is also tempting...

Thierry

Hi Paul,

Are you going to include in clear resin the big light that was added on the tail leading edge of some planes?

My AF one will probably be "Georgia Ann" or "Corn fed" as I cannot imagine a Skyraider WITHOUT a nose art ;-)  Hopefully, I got enough pictures when I made the research for the single seat A-1 Zotz sets. "Carolyn's Jolly" is also tempting...

Thierry

Hi Thierry!. yes, the rotating beacon will be a separate part, it was not fitted to all the planes and is much easier to mold as a clip-on part.There are some add-on landing lights under the wing tips also, and on the landing gear door.

Guest Maxim

I'm flexing the Credit Card as we speak and both the card and the wife are getting nervous!

i don't know a great deal about Skyraiders actually. However i do know the early version single seat ones went thru some subtle but defininte detail differences, so with the multi misson variants in the mix i imagine the AD is fertile ground for all manner of aftermarket conversion parts.

I think i've seen more Trumpeter kits built up than the Zokei-Mura, and to my eye they don't look bad.

-d-

One thing that doesn't look quite right to my eyes is the prop with the Trumpeter kits. What do folks plan to do to correct the prop? I notice that AMS offers new prop blades for the Trumpeter Skyraider-- is this the way to go?

Bill M.