paul fisher

The Spad is out of the Bag....A-1E / AD-5 Skyraider conversion

Makes  two of us  Scott ,

Unfortunately  my loving wife has decided that she's keeping it from me until Dec.25th .. then its mine.. that's what I get for letting her know its on the way ... Ah well

Great things come to those who wait !

ColinR

I ordered mine as well yesterday. This one is the last Skyraider I was looking for.

However, if a single seater with the fuselage door is appearing, I could consider it as well, more particularly for a French in North Africa.

I'll join in, make that 4! Thanks to Paul we've seen a couple kits I never thought we would. The RF-8 and the Fat Face Spad are to of my favorites I thought would never get kitted!

Chuck

I'm the first to say WOW!!!! 

Just got home and found a box on the front porch.  I tore into it like a kid on Christmas morning.   And the bonus was the wife wasn't home yet. :innocent:

Edited by ScottsGT

You are most welcome! Thanks for getting behind the project and supporting my fetish for slightly off the beaten path aircraft....

Happy to make you guys happy....It's not a bad gig and the commute is great.

Shipped out another bunch yesterday afternoon, but Monday is a holiday so no mail until Tuesday I guess. It's been surprising how many of these have gone to builders in the UK, Europe and All over the place....I am amazed. I am trying to get some decent pictures of my built up for the Ready for Inspection but having a heck of a time making insulators for the radio aerials.

More soon....

Paul

Although I can't start the build yet, I did do an overnight soak in Blech White last night.  Fuselage is so big I couldn't find a container to put it in!  All clean and ready to go now and put back to bed in the box.  

I'm calling this one done! Here's some pics of the finished model.I did leave the aft cabin removable so i can occasionally look at all the madness in the back, but I just love the look of that double bubble cabin on the model.used EZ-Line for the antennas so it wont break when opening it up at shows, as if I can ever get out of here.

Definitely a model with a unique character! 

Ytecp77.jpg

Never could find anybody left who could tell me the significance of the Pelican cartoon on the cowl, but I love nose art so there you go!

tOxS4xb.jpg

You can see one of the wire sway braces on the belly radome here, I used old guitar string.

I0R9KkZ.jpg

Just a wee bit of dirt and staining behind the lap joints in the fuselage skinning. Tamiya Smoke thinned with alcohol and Post-It notes as masking.

PVN4eBD.jpg

Static discharge wicks are from fine lead wire , they bend instead of breaking , which is good since people always grab the model just before you can stop them.

143ATuS.jpg

I used a common lead pencil in select panel lines to get a bit of crud on the wings.Hard to see in the pics, but effective up close.

lWO9AHe.jpg

That's all for now....I haven't enjoyed a build more in a long, long time.There's just something about this version of the Skyraider that gives me "the fizz"...