paul fisher

The Spad is out of the Bag....A-1E / AD-5 Skyraider conversion

3 hours ago, paul fisher said:

If i try to add another image a window comes up telling me i can only upload images under 100k....I will try linking to the fb stuff and then caption them...

Are you adding links to images, or trying to upload the images themselves? The latter shouldn't be possible, and the former has no size limits, so I'm a bit puzzled by this one.

Kev

I was trying to use images on my computer, I will put them on imgur and go from there, that should work fine.I was under the impression we could just upload pics from our own computer with the new site software. Homer Simpson moment for the day!

Thanks Kev

No corroguard in those days.  Just overall GSB.  You're assuming we have more than one relatively fuzzy air to air photograph of that aircraft.  And you're assuming wrong.  Best I can tell you is to look at other GSB airplanes and emulate them.

7 hours ago, Jennings Heilig said:

No corroguard in those days.  Just overall GSB.  You're assuming we have more than one relatively fuzzy air to air photograph of that aircraft.  And you're assuming wrong.  Best I can tell you is to look at other GSB airplanes and emulate them.

Indeed, the number of published wide body GSB Skyraiders is quite limited! I am not sure one hundred of them have been published for all the versions! So getting two pictures of the same plane at the same time is very far from being easy or even possible...! Moreover, a very large majority of the planes got quite plain markings. So that named and quite colorful VAW-11 plane is really a very nice exception. Thanks for the research effort!

11 hours ago, Jennings Heilig said:

Hey Jennings,  On Pauls white/gray build thread he is using the Corroguard.  Was your above statement for the GSB only?  Not knowing my history of these aircraft, were the GSB planes an earlier model before Corroguard?

I found the photo and zoomed in - definite yes on black anti-glare, (same straight edge as Paul has shown on his build), white wingtips and white front of the gear cover. Pic of the guppy down the elevator well has the wing anti-skid areas going almost to the leading edge, so I think it’ll be safe to assume similar for other blue guppies. Trying to confirm now if I will need to go back and try to repaint the gear wells blue...