paul fisher

The Spad is out of the Bag....A-1E / AD-5 Skyraider conversion

The kit arrived today! What a monster!!! The single seater is already large but the fat fuselage reinforces that "brute" truck look!

Beautiful casting and now I am sure Paul is an alien as I do not believe a human being can produce such incredibly clear large resin canopies!!! Incredible!

I also appreciated the additional small parts in the bags.

Thanks very much Paul!

Next step: the Navy one!

Glad you like it!

The Navy kit is done but the decals have yet to arrive and I must print labels and instruction manuals.We will put it up for order very soon but must get the last of the A-1E kits out so we can hopefully avoid the pile up we had with the first go-around. We're almost there!

Many thanks, 

Paul

Guest Smitty44

Does it mean I have a problem if I wake up every morning hoping this will be the day......I need help!

Hi Guys...

Decals for the Navy AD-5 are not here yet, but should be soon.We're finally shipping out the last of the back orders on the A-1E and making parts for the Navy ships as fast as our little hands can cast them. I will be taking orders soon, those of you who changed your A-1E orders to Navy kits will be the first to go out, and the AD-5W Guppy will be out fairly soon too. Just making up all the electronics for the aft cabin has been quite the adventure...I will put up some pics as soon as the mock up is checked for fit and done.

Many thanks to all of you who have made this kit a home run!

Paul

Guest Smitty44

Can't wait Paul, thanks for feeding our addiction!

Pardon my ignorance on the subject but is the forthcoming AD-5W suitable for a Royal Navy machine or is that something different again? would like to get one of those if it is. 

Pardon my ignorance on the subject but is the forthcoming AD-5W suitable for a Royal Navy machine or is that something different again? would like to get one of those if it is. 

Hi, the AD-5W is the "fat face" AEW version of the Skyraider, the Royal Navy used the AD-4W based on the slimmer single place fuselage with two radar operators in the mid fuselage. I am  interested in hearing from anyone who would support the idea...

Thanks, 

paul

Posted (edited)

Hi, the AD-5W is the "fat face" AEW version of the Skyraider, the Royal Navy used the AD-4W based on the slimmer single place fuselage with two radar operators in the mid fuselage. I am  interested in hearing from anyone who would support the idea...

Thanks, 

paul

Thanks for the info. I'd be interested in one if it existed as a conversion but wouldnt push you to do one. It had a relatively short career in the FAA but theres some decent markings options from the Suez era plus I went and read up a little on our skyraiders and it seems we sold some on the Sweden when we had moved over to the Gannet.

Edited by ade rowlands