F-16A & F-16C Aggressor Double Build - The Double is Done!

Marcel111

So I am now continuing with the Block 30. I have also started tinkering with the Academy two seater again, which I am now firmly set on turning into a Nellis Block 52 DJ in aggressor blue/light blue/ gray camo. Super excited about the latter, I don't think these jets have ever really been covered, it's the best of both worlds since you can do them up in the attractive aggressor scheme but still through weapons on them.

Both the Block 30 and the Block 52 will require dummy Aim-120's on the wingtips. I found some leftovers in my spares box which will enable me to make three, I wonder if anybody would be willing to part with one they have in the stash? Note that these are the dummy versions with the blunter nose, I am reasonably sure they come from the Tamiya F-15E kit.

Cheers,

Marcel

• 3 months later...

It's been forever since I posted an update... on the one hand I have been very busy but on the other there is not much to show off with when it comes to assembling a Tamiya F-16C Block 30... it's a great kit and I just used Thunderbirds Block 32 kit with the Block 50 kit intake and exhaust attachment and Aires GE exhaust and hey presto.

Here is where I am right now. This black and white airbrushing is taking a bit longer then I thought, every little bit of overspray is noticable.

oQ7PHt.png

PfaaiD.png

w3YfA0.png

And a bit closer up to show the Crossdelta airframe stiffeners, which are very nice and crisp:

zswkyW.png

Cheers,

Marcel

Marcel, excellent work on these beautiful jets!

Just saw 6 F-16's from somewhere in Michael's path go over about ten minutes ago. They were leaving nearby WPAFB to return from whence they came. I came to WIP when I got back to my office to see if any F-16's were in here and found your build... will be following!

Nice work!

R/S

David

On 10/12/2018 at 12:58 AM, Out2gtcha said:

Wow, super nice! I'm planning on the other Alaska agressor, only a two holer. 

That will be very nice! Which scheme will you do? I still intend doing the Nellis Block 52 after this but then again I may run out of F-16 enthusiasm.

Steve, it’s the black/white contrast demarcation that is fiddly in that every imperfection is noticeable.

David, glad you found the build!

I airbrushed on the walkway lines, I am really pleased with the result, it somehow makes the model come alive a little more. Two Bobs supplies decals for this but I imagine it is all but impossible to line these up to reconcile precisely with the splinters (I understand that Two Bobs supplied these for the sake of completion).

RExNWd.jpg

FwEsLH.jpg

H25v9s.jpg

I have been tinkering a little with the third F-16 in this triple build. Here is the Block 52 exhaust. I replicated the carbon fiber turkey feathers by mixing Testors Gloss Black (enamel) with Testors Gun Metal (enamel). The photo doesn't really do it justice, the Gun Metal gives the finish a sort of carbon fiber depth that I like.

ZFxFvO.jpg

Cheers,

Marcel

Edited by Marcel111