B-17F The Mustang / Lady Luck

mark31

Nice work! Are the navigation tools scratchbuilt or from a detail set? Wood is done with oils or decals? Love a fort!

i have used the edard detailset for this part

The wood is painted with oils

Thank you all

Mark

Guest Peterpools

HI Mark

Glad the Fortress is back on the bench and underway. Just take your time and enjoy the journey

Keep 'em comin

Peter

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

There's some lovely detail work going on here, Mark!

Not sure if it's too late, and I hope you don't mind me pointing this out, but Interior Green was never used on the B-17 - instead Bronze Green was used which is quite a bit darker. Is it too late to change? I also appreciate that you may not be concerned and are quite happy with it like it is!

When it comes to painting the remainder of the interior, it'll all be in natural metal. The only painted area on the B-17 interior was the flight deck as mentioned. I've done loads of research into the colours of the interior of the Fortress over the years so do shout if you'd like any clarification. The only exception to the previous statement was that on some batches of F-models the bomb bay was painted neutral grey (The Memphis Belle falls into this category I believe) but I haven't been able to track down a definitive list of batches.

HTH,

Tom

2 minutes ago, tomprobert said:

There's some lovely detail work going on here, Mark!

Not sure if it's too late, and I hope you don't mind me pointing this out, but Interior Green was never used on the B-17 - instead Bronze Green was used which is quite a bit darker. Is it too late to change? I also appreciate that you may not be concerned and are quite happy with it like it is!

When it comes to painting the remainder of the interior, it'll all be in natural metal. The only painted area on the B-17 interior was the flight deck as mentioned. I've done loads of research into the colours of the interior of the Fortress over the years so do shout if you'd like any clarification. The only exception to the previous statement was that on some batches of F-models the bomb bay was painted neutral grey (The Memphis Belle falls into this category I believe) but I haven't been able to track down a definitive list of batches.

HTH,

Tom

thanks for the info about the color but its to late to change it ( i have to strip all the parts then)

Im happy with the result so im going to leave it like it is

About the rest off the intirior its all metal color and its painted already

About the bomb bay i dondt know yet what color im going for

the instructions give two options grey and metal

im thinking for grey

Mark