Becoming a dad...

Radders

Congratulations!

Wave goodbye to :

Sleep - I have about 3-5 hours sleep now...

Money - We run our own business, so what's this money thing you speak of?

Your Social Life - I live in chronic pain (sadly) so my social life went ages ago, but I will still do model shows and airshows (The Mrs's words, not mine!)

Clean Clothes - My business is in clothing, so I'm very lucky there haha!

Impulsive Decision Making - Tough one, might try get round it... I have a rule though, I drop everything if the Antonov An-22 ever comes back to the UK. The other decisions might suffer though..

Lie-ins - I don't do lie in's because my pain (I would kill for one I really would)

Three Door Cars - How do I get large models into a 3 door?? ;)

The Spare Bedroom - It's already being converted into a children's room, I have the garage..

Being In Control of the Telly - I have my iPad for catch up (thankfully!)

Lazy Weekends - I very rarely get them, I work weekends and I have odd days off!

It's worth it all though.

Probably.

So, this should be a breeze if that's anything to go by :yahoo:  :lol: But in all seriousness, it's going to be a massive challenge and I'm really looking forward to it.

Many thanks for all the likes and comments :)

So, this should be a breeze if that's anything to go by :yahoo:  :lol: But in all seriousness, it's going to be a massive challenge and I'm really looking forward to it.

Many thanks for all the likes and comments :)

Sounds like you've got it covered!

First 10-12 years are the best. They are cute, laughing little bundles of joy and energy.

Then they turn into teenagers.

Congratulation! You're about to embark on a ride with more ups and downs than any roller coaster I've ever been on! 

Manual? No matter how much "expert" opinion that's out there, ignore it all...it's all rubbish! Just enjoy it and do your best. I remember when we bought our first one home....me and Jen didn't have a bl**dy clue! By number four, it was a breeze!

Just don't ever think that you can get it 100% right and be the best parent there's ever been. I thought I could do that and failed!  :wacko:

Make the most of them while their young...around the six months mark is a joy...before you know it, they'll be all grown up so enjoy those early years.

I run my own business too, so combined with kids, bench time is almost zero, even after all this time. Just squeeze in what you can.

Sounds silly, but back up any photos of the little one if you store on a computer. I didn't for my first, and lost most the photos of him as a baby when my PC went belly up. I'm still angry at myself for that one.

Stockpile industrial amounts of Calpol. It will be your best friend.

Just go with the flow and enjoy the new life you have created. The real test comes later when they're older. Teenagers? They seem to hit that point around 9 or 10 these days! That's when the fun begins!  :frantic:

Top tip for the later years. Ration their time on the Playstation, Youtube, Facebook, Twitter, Roblox etc, etc. It will turn them into slobbering Zombies! 

Best regards;
Steve

You'll figure it out. Humans have been doing this for a few million years now, and somehow we haven't died out as a species. :innocent:

Congratulations, my three kids are the light of my life (and the hell, too).