Wing Nut Wings direct sales back

ChuckT

It looks like Wing Nut Wings is selling kits direct just like the good old days.

The only difference is they now charge for shipping. I just checked out how much to ship to Canada and it was $18. This is MUCH better than the other options previously available.

Good job WNW.

Guest Clunkmeister

Oh awesome! I'll deal with Sprue Bros or Hannants, but Dave has always looked after me, and I'm extremely loyal, so Dave gets my business.

Oh awesome! I'll deal with Sprue Bros or Hannants, but Dave has always looked after me, and I'm extremely loyal, so Dave gets my business.

Dave is awesome, no doubt about it. But for me, why have something shipped half way around the world, when SB is less that 250 miles from here. I'll stick with Sprue, assuming prices are similar.

Guest Peterpools

I wonder why WNW has reversed their position on selling kits. I did look at some of the prices and they are exactly the same as Sprue Brothers. And SB has free shipping on orders of $200 - just can't beat that. I've been an SB customer for a long time and will continue to purchase WNW  kits from them.

Peter

Same, same for me. Im not quite as close to them as K2 is, but they have always had THE best customer service including some of THE fastest shipping there is to my door.

Although I DID just order a BMW IIb high altitude engine for an upcoming D.VII build, and the shipping was .50 less than the engine itself.   :mental:

Guest Clunkmeister

I agree there. If I have a big order, Sprue makes sense, but for others, Dave's my guy. Besides, he's a member here, and I support our own.

Sprue Bros does get plenty of business from me though, so does Squadron and same with Hannants.

Guest The Southern Bandit

Hannants for me. 10% pre order discount, free next day recorded delivery, great service, can order AM at the same time.

Easy decision.

So Hannants is still best option for WnW in UK? unless we get lucky on an Ebay sale of course.

I'd like to get the Taube once its out.

So Hannants is still best option for WnW in UK? unless we get lucky on an Ebay sale of course.

I'd like to get the Taube once its out.

If you order before release, then yes, as you get the 10% discount.