Tankfest Northwest

BiggTim

Is anyone going to Tankfest Northwest at the Flying Heritage and Combat Armor Museum (formerly the Flying Heritage Collection) in Everett, WA on Memorial Day? I am toying with the idea, as they have acquired some new aircraft and vehicles since I was there last, like a Mossie and an IL-2, plus a few new tanks, like both M48 and M60 Pattons, and a newly restored Churchill.

Tim

I'll be there for sure! And by the way, it's on Saturday May 27th, not the 29th. It's 10 miles from my house, and well worth it! I've attended the last three, and they get better every year. They might even have a surprise in store for all you Tamiya fans, particularly in light of their recent announcement :)

Semper,

Ski

• 3 weeks later...

Looks unlikely that I will make it, so if any of you go, please take lots of pics of that new Mossie and post them here, please!! I have to go over Sunday and pick my dad up when he gets released from the hospital in Seattle, and bring him home, and I don't think I can get over there Saturday, too. Bummer, but glad dad's doing better.

Tim

You saw a B-25? Not meaning to be a jerk, but are B-25s so rare over there that it's amazing to see one? Not a week goes by here without various B-25s rattling the windows. Occasionally the B-24 as well.

Exactly! They have many rare flyers, yet when I hear a Recip, it is the D-day striped B-25 seen OFTEN. To me it is still cool to have around, most don't even get that in their skies. Had the company here been successful, could have seen the Me-262 on occasion.

May 29 eh? That's the date of the fall of the Roman Empire.

Late may, around 28 and 29 have been big days in history.

As for the show, there's an Il2??? You've gotta go. :)

I'll get over that way again before too long, once I get dad home and settled back in. I may be going over that way sometime next month anyway, so we'll see. I'd love to go on a weekend when they will be FLYING to Mossie. That would be awesome to see.

And Ernie, I think it is the same Mossie you are talking about from BC.

Joe. Happy birthday to you mum. :)

Hey Dale, check this out....http://www.flyingheritage.com/Visit/Events/European-Theater-Day.aspx

Maybe I'll wait and go then....

Mate, you guys are so lucky. An Il2 in Australia is not a thing I expect to see.

You linked that just to frustrate me, right?

Sod!

:D

Cheers mate. :)