F-35 sea trials

Menelaos

Love it! especially the close up coverage starting about Mk 4:00 ..   I could swear in the begginning they were landing without the hook? looks like the plane slowed down nice and stable for a hook free landing.

It's not just the Bradley. Most new weapons systems receive biased critical analysis from the media. I remember the M1 Abrams, the F-15, the Ticonderoga class cruiser (and Aegis weapons system), and the Apache helicopter all receiving harsh criticism....and all have evolved into effective weapons. The F-15 in particular was lambasted as being too big, too expensive, and too complex. And I think everyone will agree it has proven to be an effective warplane.

We will just have to wait and see....it appears there is no going back now....as far as the F-35 is concerned. It will take many years to get some idea of the true quality of the F-35.....since the military always overstates the effectiveness of new weapons, and unfairly denigrates older ones (like the F-111, A-10, etc).

Yeah, I remember the Apache got LAMBASTED for a long time till it finally proved itself a invaluable workhorse

And yet the UK build 2 65,000 ton carriers - biggest outside of the US - and decides to use a ski-ramp and VTOL.

Stupid.

I didn't understand that either.

That is about the size class of the biggest of the non-nuclear US "supercarriers"...like the Independence, JFK, America, etc....they were all able to handle large CTOL jets including the F-14....which was a huge aircraft.

There is no way the VTOL F-35 will have capabilities equal to the conventional variants....surprising the UK traded that away.