1/32 Tamiya F4U-1D!

wrbrdmech

Guest Clunkmeister

Glad for the Corsair (1) fans and an interesting development - now it means that anything goes.

So Mr Tamiya, please do an NF Mossie boxing (which similarly would only require a single sprue of new bits) next, including all three nose types. Your tooling chaps can then gear up for a C-46.

Tony

FIFY

I was laid off end of November. I thought it was the end of the world, a first for me in my lifetime. I was only out of work 1 month. I have had five offers, I just jumped ship from my first new employer. I couldn't resist, 17 k pay raise, a dream job that I have longed for a long time, an extra week of vacation after one year, which jumps to 5 weeks after 5 years.

Felt bad leaving a very good employer after only 3 months. But I am settled now.

I had that happen a few years ago to me. My then current manager said if I didn't take the new job offer she would have been p!ssed at me even though she didn't want to lose me. She knew it was the right opportunity for me. She ended up putting a plaque on my office after I left as they always referred to it as "Carl's office".

Thankfully, my wife makes enough to cover the bills so I'll be stuck with being Mr Mom to our two boys. Not that bad a tradeoff I reckon.

Carl

Guest Peterpools

Jennings

I really don't think Tamiya really cares how you feel. How about trying some different, a new approach and build something.

Peter

Edited by Peterpools

Hi all,

The red-circled ring in the photo above is an access panel; the light would have been five ribs inboard of that.  (You can make out the ghost.)

Jennings and I have been trying to figure out when things changed.  The first removal of the light simply took out all the electrics, but the structure remained unchanged and the hole was plugged with sheet metal.  But by the end of the war, the manuals show no plate, just skin.  If they didn't install the plate, they somehow had to change the internal structure to support the rib stitching - but the drawings and tech orders make no mention of the revised structure.  I suppose a restored, late-production airframe would give us a hint of what was done to revise the internal structure, but it still wouldn't tell us when the change was made (or if it was installed retroactively).  This is still a mystery to me, but the mysteries are just something to keep us on the search.

Cheers,

Dana