SM-79 Sparviero at HPH in 1/32

bevelduc

That plane is one of my most favorite aeroplanes. 

Why? I don't know, but I really like all the Italian WW2 aeroplanes.

Probably because I like their wild camouflage color schemes so much.

I certainly will purchase one of their Sm-79 kits as soon as they become available. 

Most definitely.

When I think back on the absolute dearth of LSM aircraft available in the 1990's I am amazed and most thankful for the large variety of model kits available today in 1/32 scale.

Hooray for us Large Scale Modelers.

Whoop, whoop, whoop-te-do!

:thumbsup:

Stephen

Same here Stephan & Rick. The humpback look, three engines and the multiple camouflage schemes. Everything adds up here.

I hate to think about the price of this one but it would certainly be awesome to see one built.

Now back to my Ta-183.

Troy

It's a defo on my must have list.

I have Silver Wings Reggiane Re.2000, Silver Wings CR 32, Craftworks MC 200 (which was my first build this year), Craftworks C.202/C.205 and the Special Hobby 1/48 Breda Ba.65; so this will be a great addition to my Italian WW2 aircraft.

I've also been eyeing their 1/32  PBY Catalina for the past year and can see myself purchasing it soonish (this year). Of course the price is mental, but I've got a smallish stash of about 35 kits (about 20 of them in resin) and don't plan on buying any more as I pretty much have most of the resin kits that I really want. My current stash is a few years building there, so with the addition of 3 or 4 more must have resin kits I will top it off there.

Iain

Edited by IainCleland

The vac is inexpensive already.  :frantic:

Ha !....So it is ! ....I didn't know it was still available. Just looked it up and found it is only £35.00, lol.....

Joe

Ha !....So it is ! ....I didn't know it was still available. Just looked it up and found it is only £35.00, lol.....

Joe

IIRC Vector sells a nice engine for at least one of the variants . If one goes that route at 60 to 80 US dollars plus the kit... You know where I am heading with this.

Rick

Rick,

I want to see what the price of the HpH kit is, sure, but my guess is that it will be north of $500 ....... probably priced similar to the PBY.

Which means, that if I do the vac kit for $60, and even if I spent another $150 on extras, I'm still less than half price. I don't mind working with vacuform kits and doing the extra work...that part of the challenge is a big part of the fun. I enjoy scratch building ! Not to mention, that for my own personal viewing pleasure it need not be completely super detailed. In fact, I have the vac 1/32 Hudson that I think I may pull out of storage as a "warm up"... :)

Joe

I reckon between the 410 and Catalina in terms of pricing - maybe around the €300 mark?

It's a big aeroplane! Three engines, a fair bit of research involved, lots of complicated curves.

Me 410 was 40ft long, 53 feet wingspan. SM-79 was 53ft long & 66ft wide. Roughly 20% bigger, with an extra engine, wing area almost 75% bigger.

IIRC Vector sells a nice engine for at least one of the variants . If one goes that route at 60 to 80 US dollars plus the kit... You know where I am heading with this.

Rick

The vacu kit just offers a hollow shell. You need three engines with props, own markings/decals, armarment, a complete interiour (Evergreen...), and replace some unsuable parts like the wheels or the engine cowlings with something else. So all in all, lots of fun :)

SM7909_zps5c281ae5.jpg

Cheers

Alex