My Deadly Scooter - A-4 Skyhawk 1.32 Trump. UPD 07.06

Volture

Hi my friends,

Here iam again with another project that i ve been started and its one of my favorite aircraft the A4 Skyhawk.

As i know this kit is a nice upgrade of the old Hasegawa kit, and from a first look has excellent fit and details!Becides i will use the very nice Aires cockpit set and wheel bay set!

So i started with the resin cockpit  ...cleaned assempled and ready for painting!Also the main body of the engine assembled and it is ready to meet the exchaust tube.

Hope to have a nice result..

Regards

Philippos

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Edited by Volture

Philippos​,

Your engine is coming out quite nicely. Are you planning on having the fuselage split open to display it ?

Joel

Thank you my friend...

No i will not do that...but i thinking to open the front nose little panels if i find some photos of the inside...do you have any pics of these?

Thank you again mate

Thank you my friend...

No i will not do that...but i thinking to open the front nose little panels if i find some photos of the inside...do you have any pics of these?

Thank you again mate

I'll have to check my research material as I closed all the compartments on my Scooter with the intention of keeping the clean lines of the Scooter as a priority.

Joel

Are you going to sand out the step in the leading edge slat ..pig of a job..then build up with something? Or glue in some strips like I did which is a drama..

I havent decide yet...i have to check this out first and i will see what i can do....in any case thank you so much dor the warning!!:)

Volture,

Nice job getting those pesky Aires wheels wells to fit.  On my Scooter I just went with the kit parts as it's a display model and will never be turned over. Only those areas that can be seen while on it's legs are detailed or corrected.

As for the well known issue of the leading edge slat step, there are several ways to go about removing it, or just leave it if it doesn't bother you. I opted to add strip plastic in steps, then file, putty, and sand to completely remove it, and maintain the proper angle. It was a major effort, and did take some time to do with several redos as needed.The most popular method is to cut out the under slat wing surface, add sheet on both sides to offset what you cut away, and then decide if you want the leading edges to meet. If so, you need to add some strip plastic the the back of the cut off slat surface.

Here's a picture of my reworked slat surfaces. When I run my fingers over those areas, there is absolutely no trace of the step. For me the effort was well worth it, but for others they just left if as is. (Which I did on my 1/48 scale Hasegawa Scooter).

Joel

bsRnAU.jpg

z0Xqjt.jpg

Edited by Joel_W