Decals for a 1/32 Sopwith Camel?

CANicoll

Folks,

I'm doing yet another WWI build with an OLD kit (hoping I can get it together before the end of month for the Jurassic build GB).  This is the original kit, with the mountain range wing tape lines, etc.  Yeah, THAT one.

The decals are hideous.  I'm having trouble finding replacements and I'm trying to do Captain William Barker's aircraft.

Tried SprueBrothers, Zotz and Eaglecal.  Even Ebay.  Copper State does 1/28th, but this is a 1/32 build.  I've hit all of the LSP sponsors.

Any suggestions folks?

Chris

Chris, The Hobby Craft  HC1694 Camel Clerget (Yeah, one of the IMPROVED 1/32 Camels ;-) features markings for Barker's kite.  You might find one at a bargain price, now that the WnW Camels have hit the street.

With the exception of some rare & long OOP sheets by Spada Decals, aftermarket decals for the 1/32 Camel just didn't get produced.  Pheon has some in the works, and IMHO we couldn't ask for a finer producer. Extremely serendipitous, as without the WnW releases, Pheon would have had no financial incentive to produce the decals. 

Hth, Rob

• 2 weeks later...