WNW Albatros D.Va (OAW)

aircare84

Beautifully done and the scheme is uber cool!

Out of curiosity which of the uschi decals did you use? The ronny bar edition? Any chance you might have the item ref at hand?

Thanks again for sharing!

Karim

Karim,

Thanks for the kind words.

Have enjoyed seeing your builds!

I used Uschi 'Ronny Bar' Super Fine 'Light' Item # 1003. The 'Rich' was a little dark for an Albatros fuselage IMO.

Be careful, you will have to carefully lay out your pieces or 1 sheet will not be enough.

Larry

Edited by aircare84

Karim,

Thanks for the kind words.

Have enjoyed seeing your builds!

I used Uschi 'Ronny Bar' Super Fine 'Light' Item # 1003. The 'Rich' was a little dark for an Albatros fuselage IMO.

Be careful, you will have to carefully lay out your pieces or 1 sheet will not be enough.

Larry

Larry thanks for the quick headsup!

I suspected they looked like the Ronny Bar edition. Got two packs stashed for my LVG C.VI build. The light color of the wood really looks wonderful. I take it you didn't coat the fuselage with clear yellow either. Thanks again

What a wonderfully finished albatros!

Karim

Edited by karimb

Wow. Very impressive. I was just testing the idea of coloring silver wire with a black sharpie for my impending rigging so funny to read it here too. Looking forward to the FW! 

• 1 month later...

Yeah I really dig this build - top notch!!

Too bad Uschi doesnt sell a plywood decal set that already is "templated" to fit each panel of the Albatros - seems like that would be a good seller given the number of these kits out there and the inevitable explosion come July when WNW starts selling the "three pack" Alb kit

Like the others have said, beautifully done Larry!

You asked for suggestions,...........go build another WNWs kit! You did your Albatros kit complete justice. I'd also give the GasPatch 1/32nd turnbuckles a try. The give the rigging ends that extra bit of detail.

Cheers,

Wolf

Thank you all for your comments!

Wolf,

Am currently building a Hasegawa Fw-190 D-9. Another WNW kit will be after that.

Have some 1/48 Gaspatch turnbuckles, debated on using them. Instead I used 0.3mm brass tubing to simulate the turnbuckles on this build.

Larry