Time to do your first 1/24 scale model?!

Shoggz

That a really nice price

So tempting. But if im only going to build one i think i like the car door better.

Does the car door have an invasion stripes scheme?

Sticking to 1/32 for all my war birds. But I'd love to see a series of the '30's air racers in a larger scale since they were so tiny to begin with. 24th or 18th would be highly welcomed in my book. Of course I would have to add another stash shelf.

Bought most of my Tamiya from Jadlam. Good prices and new-new condition.

The only 1/24 I would build are trucks, but I don't want to end up going there, or 1/35 railway, or 1/200 ships, or 1/16 tanks, or....

Although Airfix make only 1/32 polythene military figures and styrene cars, mostly from ancient tooling, they have done a BMW Mini. If only they'd make a 1/32 EE Lightning F.6, if only - if only.

Tony

1/32 B-17F is as big as a 1/24th scale kit...It's BIG....believe me!

Those 1/32 HK B-17s are waaaaaaay bigger than any 1/24 aircraft kit I've ever seen, and I've got more than a few 1/24 kits in the stash!

To put it in perspective though, a 1/24 Spitfire is not much bigger a 1/72 Lancaster. 468mm vs 428mm wingspan. They're not as big as everyone makes them out to be.

Best regards;

Steve

When I was 11 or 12 I was mostly into the 1/48 Monogram kits of the day (70's). One Christmas my sister bought me a 1/24 MPC P-51 and a 1/24 Bf-109E. They sort of stunned me with their abundant detail and moving everything.  

Although I tried to build them, they were just too much for me and my basic skills and short attention span. In 2011, while sort of a weekend builder,  I rebought the BF-109E for old times sake,  but failed on that too after realizing it was not worth all the effort I was putting into it. Too many flaws not enough mojo.   In 2014, I got back to modeling and yet again, like a moth to a flame,  a 1/24 kit again found itself in my stash (a Spitfire, still unbuilt). Lately, I sort of put my modeling in overdrive with a fling into scratch building and  and once I got the confidence up to do something well, it did not take me long to FINALLY get going on this long long term project:  A  1/24 plane (this time a Fury).    I recognize the drawback of 1/24 as the kit list is rather short , full of old designs, and has nothing unusual other than some mods like floatplane versions of common fighters.  Anyway, I cheer them on as my "home team" regardless of their exact value.