Revell/ AIMS 1/32 Junkers Ju-188 E-1 Z6+DM II/KG66

monthebiff

Thank you for your comments everyone, as Thunnas mentioned above the one piece cockpit tub definately brings in some challenges for not only painting but also detailing so the option open to me to be able to do want I wnt to on this build is this.

20171104_113514.jpg

The plan is to re-work a fair bit of the side wall detail, I have taken measurements of the tub before cutting and will replace the cut with plastic card, I will cover the cut lines inside the pit by re skinning the affected area's.................well that's the plan  :frantic:

Regards. Andy

Gulp!

wow this is hardcore stuff indeed

the cockpit and wing resin looks very good indeed

the engine nacelle detail - especially panel lines - looked pretty poor in my view

your skills look very much up to anything this can throw at you though

thanks for sharing

That's an elegant solution to a sticky problem, Andy- cheers! That one-piece casting is really quite a feat and spectacularly executed, but my first thought on seing it was, "How will I ever paint it properly? " You now how full freedom to work freely and get the most out of all that detail.

Thanks chukw, splitting it in two has indeed given me full freedom to do what I want to and hopefully it will turn out good in the end/

Regards. Andy

Brave mean to cut up such a piece.  I'm amazed they were able to get so much detail into a one-piece casting.

Gazzas, Its a superb casting indeed and just cries out to be detailed further, hopefully I can pull it of.

Regards. Andy

wow this is hardcore stuff indeed

the cockpit and wing resin looks very good indeed

the engine nacelle detail - especially panel lines - looked pretty poor in my view

your skills look very much up to anything this can throw at you though

thanks for sharing

Thanks for following along nmayhew, your spot onwith your comments regarding the engine nacelle's also I need to work out how to improve the exhausts as these are a tad on the heavy side foe my liking.

Regards. Andy

Thats what I thought when the saw was half way through Dean.

Regards. Andy

I can understand why you did it - the kit itself is hacked to within inches of its life, so why not carry on and hack away at the resin whilst you're at it?

really like what you are doing Andy :)

I did exactly the same with mine before it hit the SOD - it's the best way to get in and detail it

It's going to be one impressive bird once complete & can't wait to see whats next

Peter

There is no other way with this one is there Peter, my plan is to chop out everything I no longer need on the cockpit sides and then replace the cut materai so I am happly with the dimesions again before detailing work commences again.

Regards. Andy

I can understand why you did it - the kit itself is hacked to within inches of its life, so why not carry on and hack away at the resin whilst you're at it?

Pleased you get why I did it Dean, it was something I did after plenty of though and with a kit so chopped about its well wowrth the extra effort to me which will be far eceded by the final outcome I hope! 

Regards.Andy

Pleased you get why I did it Dean, it was something I did after plenty of though and with a kit so chopped about its well wowrth the extra effort to me which will be far eceded by the final outcome I hope! 

Regards.Andy

I may well unashamedly copy you.