WNWs Camel........finally!

Wolf Buddee

Beautiful work as always, Wolf. I have no idea how you managed to install and paint those spark plugs!

Kev

Thanks Kev, I can tell you, the spark plugs were much easier to paint than they were to handle whilst installing them.

Cheers,

Wolf

Edited by Wolf Buddee

Wolf,

I'm speechless (which doesn't happen often). Your engine detailing & painting is just amazing. And those sparkplugs and wiring are beyond words. You're a master modeler of the highest order. :clap2:

Joel

Wolf, you've out done yourself on this one.............holy moly that's ######## amazing..........

That's it as I have said before and this am going to, officially retire from this hobby........::)

Dam Wolf, just got caught up on this. I envy your modeling skills my friend Excellent !.......Harv :popcorn:

Outstandingly Brilliant work, Wolf.

Wolf

Brilliant, simply brilliant detail work on the Br.1 engine. Details and paint work are amazing.

Keep 'em coming

Peter

Gentlemen, thank you all for your kind words! They're much appreciated!

Cheers,

Wolf

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Wolf fantastic build so far. Anything new or any progress?

Karim

Hi Karim,

Thanks for checking in. I have made some progress but I haven't had a chance to take any photos. Life has been extremely busy and the warm weather has meant that I've been spending a lot of time with outside chores as well as helping my son service his vehicles. Hopefully I'll have something to show soon.

Cheers,

Wolf

Very nice work Wolf!  It was one that I wanted to build to represent Roy Brown's aircraft...before my sight started failing...Oh well.

Barney

Hi Barney, It's a beautiful kit and I know you would have done a beautiful job representing Roy Brown's aircraft. I may get another of this kit and if I do it'll be Ray Collishaw's Camel as he was another British Columbia native.

Cheers,

Wolf

I managed a bit of bench time and I've been putzing around with different parts of the model. I'll be using GasPatch Models flat wire terminal ends and RB Productions photo-etched flat wire which measures exactly the dimensions given in WnW's instructions. To accommodate the terminal ends I had to remove the kit moulded protrusions on the tail fin and elongate the holes to fit the terminal ends.

The kit decals were used for the rudder stripes and laid down beautifully over the rib tape detail on the rudder. I had 3 very small touch ups to do on the rear edge of the rudder where the decals didn't quite meet. A little bit of Tamiya Hull Red XF-9 and some X-7 Red gave me a perfect colour match. The rudder control horn needed 6 holes drilled in it for the dual rudder control cables and the rear support cable. And I left 1/48th scale 'cause 1/32nd was easier to see. Yeah right....... Leave the rudder control horn attached to it's sprue until you've finished working on it so that you have lots of support while drilling and opening up the rear slot where it attaches to the rudder.

The pulleys at the bottom of the engine support frame where rebuilt so I could wrap the elevator control cables around them. The kit part is moulded solid so a little creative sawing was required to give me a top and bottom for each pulley and a small styrene disc created the pulley's centre. Guide brackets and fasteners were added to each pulley as well but are hard to see in the pic.

The control column is being reworked to accommodate the necessary turnbuckles for the elevator control cables. I had already added the turnbuckles once but used 1/48th scale ones as they looked to be the right size. Looking at photos later on I discovered I should have used 1/32nd scale turnbuckles so I'm re-doing them. It pays to look at your research material 1st!

Hopefully the notes added to the pics make sense.

Cheers,

Wolf

Camel-rudder_zpslbyfe6fc.jpg

Camel-IP-3_zps1g3lncat.jpg

Camel-column_zpskpawdgcx.jpg