1/32 F/A-18C Hornet Diorama

Mark Jackson

Even your floors, the most basic element in a diorama is insanely detailed.  Putting a picture of your floor right next to a similar but real one, would be next to impossible to detect which one is the real deal, and which one the copy.

Those engine nozzles really look even better once installed.

Joel

I quit.

MM

Don't quit - my work is average at best and wasn't Magic Mike a film about a male stripper.  If you do quit then throw everything in to the stripping business.   :thumbsup:

Now children, are we all sitting comfortably - then I'll begin.  I started off photographing this build using a digital camera bought from Tesco's (Tecknika I think) and it was a bit hit and miss quality wise.  So I went on good old eBay and bought an old but in its day the top of the range Fuji Finepix bridge camera that had a good macro feature.  Some of the photos in this build were taken with it and then my lovely daughter borrowed it for her media homework as the Nikon job from school was having problems.  When the camera was dropped I honestly thought that it would bounce as it was built like a tank.  No bouncy.  :(

The part which has the shutter button and zoom lever on it came flying off and that was it.  The Diorama was finished and people liked it but I wasn't happy with it so like so many models before it was sold.  A Japanese chap the other side of the Thames wanted it and I would assume still has it, along with a 1/32 A-7E Corsair. Sorry for sort of building things up and then saying, "There's nothing to see here - please disperse."

The whole project was kind of fun and I suppose helped me learn new tricks and techniques, ones which will be put to use after my current F-14A build; 1/32 GR1 Tornado maintenance diorama.  Trouble is I now have to research and collect UK signs, labels, kit etc.

:sorry:   

Mark,

We should all be lucky enough to have the same average modeling skills as you.  Heck, I'd gladly accept half as good, and marvel at how great my builds look now.

As for not being able to see the completion of your diorama, it's not great news, but it is what it is. I'm already following your F-14A build, so I'll be in for more master modeling.

Joel

Edited by Joel_W

I know Jim, I bought what I thought was an HD webcam about a year ago now and it is awful so I borrowed my wife's i-phone (I don't own a mobile phone) and took some shots of the F-14A build and it's much better.  I'm going to watch the Masters golf this evening but also have a look on eBay for a camera.