Mark Jackson

1/32 Trumpeter F-14A Tomcat

Have you considered the Aires F-14A nozzles for the Tamiya kit?  They might fit and they look really nice.  Kit # 2188 if you're interested.

As above Marcel, Aires also makes really nice nozzles for the F-14B/D as well.  Also, with some work and lots of aftermarket parts, the Trumpeter kit can look really good.

If you're interested Kirk, I have a build thread of the A-10A (converted to A-10C) kit here.  It was a lot of work, but the end result turned out pretty good if I do say so myself. :rolleyes:   Skip to the last page to see the results......

http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index.php?/topic/262693-132-trumpeter-a-10c-hog-putting-lipstick-on-a-pig-of-a-kit/

Cheers,

Chuckj

Hi Chuck,

Thank you and yes I have followed your A-10C build over on ARC and you most certainly conquered that challenge.  One of these days I will muster up the courage to tackle it, but for the time being my professional work keeps me way to busy and have I limited time to model, so keeping project(s) on the bench that do not require intensive care.  Love you current F-15 build, that one I may tackle myself very soon.

Kirk

I’ve been doing some research on 1/32 builds of the Tomcat and this one was interesting and seems to push the debate of Tamiya vs Trumpeter to the Tamiya corner.

I really hope Tamiya decides to scale up its now already legendary 1/48 scale Tomcats!!

The Tamiya F-14A is a better kit IMHO. The nose and canopy are better shaped and those open panels on the Trumpeter kit don't fit very well either. I gave mine away  and was glad to see it go. You'll have much better luck with the Academy FA-18 kit. Goes together very well.