B-17G-65-B0 D-Day Doll April 1945 finally ready :0)))!

ykak

Thank you all from very much from your very nice comments :0) I really appreciate them. Just arriving to Stockholm taking my B-17 to " first mission" to IPMS 08 Open :0) with three other fellow modelers :0))

Ps. Just remind that more details from my B-17 project can be found from Work in Progress forum (B-17G D Day Doll April 1945)

Have a great weekend :0))!

Yrjo

Yrjo,

Good luck at the Stockholm contest. I'm sure that you'll walk away with more then just 1st place in class.

Joel

And there is in Work in Progress forum a lot info and pics ( B-17G D Day Doll April 1945)

Thanks, my travel & work schedule usually don't allow me to follow works in progress. Apologies for asking basic questions, but part of my weighing buying the E/F is how much AM **** I will need to make it look like I want it to.

• 1 month later...

Hi Bill,

AMS Resin prop governors, HKModel metal landing gear, Eduard wheels, superchargers, some etch set, guns, ProModeler brass barrels (in chin, top and tail turret) Zotz anb Kitsworld decals.

So not a lot of Eduard sets? I sold my Civil War greatcoat, and my resolve is weakening on the "Memphis Belle."

• 3 weeks later...

Yrjo:  Just a fantastic job and thanks again for sharing - this is an amazing piece of work and really hits home.  My friend's B-17G, 447th BG was numbered 338719 so a little after this one.   Your weathering is amazing and the paint work is out of this world.  I am super impressed at the level of detail you've put into this plane.

Excellent!

Chris

Edited by CANicoll

Yrjo,

Simply an outstanding and flawless build, coupled with a absolutely perfect NMF, and with just the right amount of weathering for an operational aircraft from that period. Very well done.  :wow:  :yahoo:  :wow:

Just watched your video. Professional quality, and it did your build justice.  :thumbsup: 

BTW, how did you make out at the Stockholm contest?

Joel

Edited by Joel_W

Yrjo:  Just a fantastic job and thanks again for sharing - this is an amazing piece of work and really hits home.  My friend's B-17G, 447th BG was numbered 338719 so a little after this one.   Your weathering is amazing and the paint work is out of this world.  I am super impressed at the level of detail you've put into this plane.

Excellent!

Chris

Hi Chris, thank you from your kind words  :0)! It was indeed a challenge to weather this size of kit and to avoid over do it. I have read a some books about B-17 and the " Masters of the Air " by Donald L. Miller and visited several museums. Knowing the amount of variants there has been from B-17G and how much those planes could have been repaired and modified in the field, I just decided, that the two main visible corrections this kit needed were the Tokyo tank air intakes in the wing tips and antennas. Other improvements were more nice to have and just for fun. There are still inaccuracies, of course, but you just have to draw the line somewhere to get the job done. And when I make WW2 models, I want to respect those (like my grandfather), who fought in the war, which ever side they were.