Trumpeter 1:200 HMS Hood + Pontos Detail Set

Iain

Hi Iain,  You are doing just fine.  It's slow going and it's a HUGE project! Just take your time, work at a pace that's comfortable for you, and most of all - HAVE FUN!  I, too, plan on adding sailors to my ship at the end.  So far I have 3 sets of Trumpeter US sailors (180 total) to add.  I may get more, just haven't decided yet.   Have you by chance had an opportunity to view Wojtek's (Voyteque) build photos of his Missouri on the Modelwarship forum?  You might want to take a look. http://www.shipmodels.info/mws_forum/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=167658   He has populated it with sailors and crew to portray the ship at the signing of the Japanese surrender on September 1945.  It's quite impressive and may give you some ideas.

Good luck and keep us posted as to your progress.  Don't be like me and slough off posting for months on end!

Given that I'm now working from home with my day job - and my 'studio' is at the office - 50 miles away - I suspect it will be a while before I can pick up on the Hood now.

But that doesn't stop me sorting a base/case and a few other bits and bobs!

Really impressed with what you've done - I think lack of confidence has put me off - but I really like the way you've approached your particular odyssey - and that helps me hugely.  :)

Iain