NZPAF DH.9 (Wingnut Wings)

seiran01

Finally, noteworthy progress! In between work travel and what not, I've been tackling seams, blending the upper fuselage to a prefect fit, rescribing, priming, and finally today, painting. First try with Mr. Paint for the PC-10 and I'm quite impressed with the quality.

Engine, nose and top left cowl are now glued in place, also.

1C0DED07-AC30-4E21-8CBD-B5AB8203B686_zps

71D237F0-DFF6-4F33-BA49-4E81F1EB7DFA_zps

1388DABD-21B0-4E6F-B6E5-9F2B815463F6_zps

DB018982-29B8-472A-A59B-E19C549A3972_zps

Guest Peterpools

MIke

awesome progress. The engine detailing and weathering looks terrific and the fuselage now all buttoned up looks the part.

Keep 'em coming

Peter

Guest Peterpools

Ron

Thanks for pointing out the MRP Paint in the photo. I've been using MRP paints and they are fantastic but I didn't realize they carried WWI colors. Will need to do some checking tonight

Peter

Peter, they have a line of PC8/10/12, richtofen red, a few doped linens and wood tones, possibly a handful more at this point too.

Ron - Mr Paint is airbrush only unfortunately, they're as thin as Alclad but spray beautifully. The pigment starts to separate quite quickly once shaken up in the bottle so you need to work somewhat quickly.

And thanks guys!

Fuselage roundels and serials are on and drying; I've got Solvaset on the roundels to get them to settle over the raised nail heads. It seems my decal sheet is quite brittle and my normal technique of rolling on MicroSol with a Q-tip seemed to be cracking them.

Another first for me, something I should have been doing from the start! Guitar string reinforcement of control surfaces. #80 drill bit in my dremel now that I finally have a chuck for it.

Remember to work slowly when doing this as the plastic can start to melt around the drill bit. Comes off easily but gives you a larger diameter hole than you may want.

75857821-EDC9-4ABD-8608-874F7B296CFF_zps

Guest Peterpools

MIke

Thanks for the MRP paint info and I'll be order a the colors. Great idea about using guitar strings for reinforcing the control surfaces, especially the rudder. Even though the Roland is my first go at WNW kits again, I've knocked off the rudder and elevators now a few times.

Keep 'em coming

Peter