Civilian themed diorama

JRutman

When I looked at the 1st picture, I actually thought I was looking at a real scene, and that the diorama was just outside to be photographed in natural lighting. I was just stunned when I finally figured out that I was looking at your diorama. It's absolutely as life like as one can get. Every element works well with the others to blend into a super realistic scene. One rarely sees work at this level.

Can't wait to see your next update.

Joel

I have seen your work before Jerry, and while VERY good this is on a whole new level. VERY realistic, I too had to go back and look at some of these photos as I honestly thought they were photos of real life. You have really captured the "look" and it is pieces like this which leave me humbled by the vision and skill you possess.

Edited by Daywalker

Absolutely stunning. And beautiful as well.

So utterly realistic, it takes a while to realise it's not real.

Particularly like the fence & vines, nailed a look that I would find absolutely impossible to replicate.

And it's is lovely to see such high quality work set in such a relaxing way. No weapons of war, just an exquisite, wonderfully composed little diorama. 

I honestly feel quite chilled out looking at the pics!

Jerry, you have a very rare skill indeed, thanks for taking the effort & time to share it. 

I look forward to the next instalment. 

When I looked at the 1st picture, I actually thought I was looking at a real scene, and that the diorama was just outside to be photographed in natural lighting. I was just stunned when I finally figured out that I was looking at your diorama. It's absolutely as life like as one can get. Every element works well with the others to blend into a super realistic scene. One rarely sees work at this level.

Can't wait to see your next update.

Joel

Thanks Joel,for the very generous comments. I appreciate them,

J

What vallejo colors do you use? I am going to paint a bunch of miniart houses, in French style, soon. Also, what color was the primer?

Color for the house ? I used mostly Vallejo yellow gray as it is the best for concrete and raw plaster but I also tint that white white and black for contrasting areas. A bit of med green for mildew at the bottome. The wooden parts are from the AK aged wood set. The roof tiles are various tones using Vallejo saddle leather as a base. The foiliage is all different shades of olive green. The house was scratchbuilt with balsa foam and sealed with a white glue mix. I will not use this stuff again. I didn't like it.

J

Edited by JRutman

Daywalker and Dean,

Thanks Gents for the nice comments. This was actually done to try and relax myself a bit. So I am touched if it does the same to you. Nice of you to say. Hopefully the figs will continue that trend when I add them.

J

Color for the house ? I used mostly Vallejo yellow gray as it is the best for concrete and raw plaster but I also tint that white white and black for contrasting areas. A bit of med green for mildew at the bottome. The wooden parts are from the AK aged wood set. The roof tiles are various tones using Vallejo saddle leather as a base. The foiliage is all different shades of olive green. The house was scratchbuilt with balsa foam and sealed with a white glue mix. I will not use this stuff again. I didn't like it.

J

Was it the balsa foam you didn't like? Why? What do you normally use?

Also what colors did you use for the stone foundation? Looks very nice.

Edited by Hardcore

Was it the balsa foam you didn't like? Why? What do you normally use?

Also what colors did you use for the stone foundation? Looks very nice.

There are two types of hardness and I used the soft type. WAYY too soft. Plus,it was very hard to get a seal going so it wouldn't suck up the paint. And also,the surface is too fuzzy. The stones were shades of gray and brown,mixed up for variation. The color will depend on where in the world you want to show.

J

smallish update boy and fowl,puppy and duck.  I had to modify the chickens as I wanted them to be pecking at the feed on the ground. They were molded to be sitting in a nest. I therefor had to add the bottom half and then legs were made from wire.

IMG_1575_zpscq7acfmi.jpg

IMG_1576_zpsxsnpi1kq.jpg

IMG_1579_zpsivay4cqh.jpg

The boy started as an MB figure from their eastern front civvies set. He has a down cast look about him. The hardest thing was to turn that into a grinning face. Remember this is 1/35 and the boy is smallish.

IMG_1574_zpsijdf8uwh.jpg

Posing done and some putty begun

IMG_1577_zpseghh01jl.jpg

IMG_1578_zps4se2yrae.jpg

Slapped on some paint. Mostly Vallejo but some Lifecolor for the flesh.

IMG_1580_zpswhyid7ks.jpg

IMG_1581_zpsfekipjsf.jpg

Next up is the Hausfrau and the Alte Man. I have something in mind for the old man.

Thanks for looking guys,

J