1/32 Northrop F-5A/B/C/D Freedom Fighter & T-38 Talon

SharkOwl

Their release schedule is slow, like all small firms including Hong Kong Models et al. Coming first are the smaller scale Blackburn/Hawker Siddeley Buccaneers.

Frankly, I'd happily relegate the Northrops to back bench and see the 1/32 Sea Flanker out. Tanmodel had their fingers burned over a smaller scale F-5 so are very likely a/ keeping their exact schedule close to their chest and b/ may still consider the F-5 series a bit "jinxsy".

Tony

It's not just the F5's, what about the F-111 series that was promised years ago?

Now we see a CAD Sea Flanker instead of the original commitment to that model idea from way back?

Not complaining, just curious as to why that's all, and hope it all doesn't turn into vapourware in due course! 

It's not just the F5's, what about the F-111 series that was promised years ago?

Now we see a CAD Sea Flanker instead of the original commitment to that model idea from way back?

Not complaining, just curious as to why that's all, and hope it all doesn't turn into vapourware in due course!

Tan Model are working on an F-111A/E and the other stuff, but the Buccaneer is the current crest wave. I'm hoping the behemoth Su-33 is not that far away.

How long ago did Hong Kong Models announce a 1/32 Lancaster? Or FG.1? Gordon Bennett, by Tamiya standards these projects are cruelly slow but, as many here on LSP repeatedly say, "when it's right and they're ready".

Tony

Quite right. Just sit and wait what will hit the shelves. Will be happy with any new F-5 regardless from which company as well as with a Su-33.

Meanwhile still reducing the stash...

Regards

- dutik

According to BM it seems the mythical Kittyhawk Tiger/Tigereye has reached the teasing 3D render stage

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235018162-132-northrop-rf-5ef-tiger-ii-by-kitty-hawk-3d-renders/

Tony

Was just going to bring that up...................wondering who if any would at least reach the CAD stage first

Does it come in 1/32 scale with a pretty bow round the box.

There was a strong rumour of a big Bucc on Facebook (yeah, I know, the fount of wisdom etc.). I hope Tanmodel do indeed do it in all three scales. With or without a ribbon, surfboard, mouse mat, free shampoo or other Tanmodel gimmick it would be irresistibly spectacular. Am getting the 1/48 version in any case.

Tony

• 3 months later...

Any news about this project from Tan Model Of Turkey ?

1/32 Scale :

Tanmodel / 3301 / F-5A/NF-5A/CF-116 Freedom Fighter ;             

Tanmodel / 3302 / F-5B/NF-5B/CF-116D Freedom Fighter ;          

Tanmodel / 3303 / T-38A/T-38M Talon ;

These could certainly have the potential to be worldwide best sellers and it is quite difficult to understand why these

are still in a "dormant" stage.

:hmmm:

SharkOwl

No doubt they're continuing to work on them, but these things take time, I remember the Special Hobby Tempest kits being delayed for quite some time, but they were well worth the wait, still waiting for the Mk.VI, patience pays.

Apparently Mrs Tan quite fancies a Buccaneer in 1/32, lets hope her dreams come true.