the wooden wonder 30/08

mark31

Mark,

Those Merlins are really looking quite good. The gloss paint used on the engine block really makes the flat blackish color you used for the hoses look as real hoses do.

Joel

Thanks Joel but stil more touch ups to do before im happy

Mark, how do you rate the Brassin Merlins against the kit Merlins......tempted yet again to throw some AM at my Mossie ......

The are great but some times its dificult to see on the instructions where the wires are going

The kit parts also looks great but iff you see the brassin everyting is there for the pipe work the only thing you have to do is ading the wire 

But remember the set i have has the two engines there is now a set for the left and right

Just getting caught up on this one. Really nice IP. Tamiya indeed did a excellent job of it. Your paint work and decaling is nice too. I agree with Joel the colour change between the glossy engine and flat black hoses give them a real looking appearance. Super nice work.

Thanks

I'm glad I could help Mark. Sometimes it helps to have a second set of eyes on something to catch a potential problem. Having used the same set on my Mossie build didn't hurt either...... :)

If you want to show empty ammunition feed chutes just modify the Tamiya kit ones. That would be much easier that trying to remove the ammo belt detail from Eduard's parts. Just a thought.

Cheers,

Wolf

Thanks Wolf on the tip about the tamiya parts will take a look when i have time

And yes a set off eyes extra is a great help

mark

Guest Peterpools

Hi Mark

Brilliant work on the NMF for the cowlings. I'm a b it confused as to why the NMF on the cowlings - is it for chipping and weather or the actual finish.

I've been finding that AK Metallics seem to be a bit tougher then Alclad's but I sue them both interchangeably. If I'm going to be doing a lot of masking and handling, I trey to remember to go with aK's aluminums.

Looking awesome and the detail on the cowling is amazing

Keep 'em coming

Peter

Hi Mark

Brilliant work on the NMF for the cowlings. I'm a b it confused as to why the NMF on the cowlings - is it for chipping and weather or the actual finish.

I've been finding that AK Metallics seem to be a bit tougher then Alclad's but I sue them both interchangeably. If I'm going to be doing a lot of masking and handling, I trey to remember to go with aK's aluminums.

Looking awesome and the detail on the cowling is amazing

Keep 'em coming

Peter

Thanks Peter and the NMF is for the actual finish so now you know how she will look and thats why i keep here so clean :innocent:

Mark

Mark,

Awesome progress, the merlin looks fantastic and looking foward to seeing  the colour scheme unfold.

Regards. Andy

thanks but thats still a long way to go before there will be paint on the feuselage

Mark