Revell Mustang release date

rdobrze

Sounds good. Wish it was a B though.

Me too,  Just can't understand why no one is willing to come out with a state of the Art P-51B/C. You would think that there is quite enough new moldings of a D already on the market. I guess Revell will be looking at it's same approx. retail price point.

Joel

Joel, HK is working on one right now.

Kev

Kev,

Pete has told me that several times, but from what I've read  here on LSP, they also have other projects in the works with no realistic time line. 

Right  now I'm completely focused on finishing the F4F-3 to the best of my abilities, and then the A-4E Scooter. So I have time to hopefully watch the process  unfold.

Joel

THEY ARE!!!  HK announced one last year.  It's in the works.  It's been extensively discussed on this very board.

Jennings,

yes they have, but no release date, no CAD design pictures, no nothing to show that the project is actually moving towards completion. Others have posted that HK has several projects in the works, so I'm not counting on what is essentially vaporware at this point. I've been disappointed just to many times over the years to feel much different.

Joel 

I've seen CAD.  It exists.  Whether you choose to believe it or not is completely up to you.

Jennings,

It's a positive for sure that there are CAD drawings, but that only means that the project is in its early stages of development. Now when we're treated to pics of a test shot, then I'll be counting the days till I have at least one, with luck I'll be able to afford two as I'll be fully retired by then, (retirement is at the end of this year).

Joel

Oh ye of little faith.

Jennings,

At my age, and being involved with the hobby since the early 70's, I've seen more them my fair share of Vaporware, so while I'm hoping that HK actually does indeed mold and release the P-51B, they're far from that point even with just some CAD drawings.

Joel

I remember seeing CAD drawings of AFV Club's F-104 too. How'd that turn out?

While it's a step in the right direction to have CAD drawings,but that's all they are, and mean next to nothing as far as getting a commitment to move ahead with the project.

Joel

Edited by Joel_W

have faith in Revell, I do after building their 1/32 spitfire, everyone dumped on it at first, and it has turned out to be a great kit, every once in a while Revell will shock you with a great release. 

I'm still really interested in their F18 Super hornet, hopefully that gets released however the date has been getting pushed around like a ping pong ball