Kitty Hawk 1/32 Mirage 2000-5F !!!

SharkOwl

23 hours ago, Out2gtcha said:

What are the exterior visuals differences between the N and the D?

I cant pick out much from those CAD images.....

In a nutshell/quick recognition features :

The D radome is pitot-less and features rather prominent dissipator strips. In contrast, the 2000N has a pitot boom, but lacks the dissipator strips.

The Kitty Hawk 2000N CAD is wrong in that regard; the basic shape of the radome is virtually identical, though. Also, both CADs are depicting the wrong type of wing tip RWR aerials which are associated to export M2K with the Thales Integrated Counter Measures Suite. The N/D should have the original Serval RWR fairings. However, I suspect the Serval fairings will be a common feature to all M2K boxings - the 2000C CAD depicts them. Further visible features of the 2000D: additional fuselage spine mounted chaff/flare dispenser, additional set of EW antennas directly below the vertical tail fin cap.

Mirage 2000N radome close-up:

(2000N radomes -> black coating)

tAagGpr.jpg

Mirage 2000D radome close-up:

(2000D radomes -> dark green coating)

ojS9Yye.jpg

Mirage 2000N vertical tail detail:

(from top to bottom - fwd "Caméléon" jammer antenna, rear "Serval" RWR, rear hemisphere "Caméleón" jammer antenna)

3LRjXBP.jpg

Mirage 2000D vertical tail detail:

(from top to bottom - fwd and rear hemisphere ICMS EW aerials, fwd "Caméléon" jammer antenna, rear "Serval" RWR antenna)

qLOMkne.jpg

Stbd wingtip "Serval" RWR:

(Armée de l'Air Mirage 2000B/C/N/D/-5F)

k5O2m9d.jpg

Mirage 2000D fuselage spine "Éclair-M" cartridge dispenser module:

q4VGPyR.jpg

Bonne soirée:

S0EMYH0.jpg

9HAbWRh.jpg

iMykgme.jpg

Edited by Ivan Ivanovich

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Cheetah11 said:

Well the October release date has come and gone. No sprue shots, reviews or decal artwork. I am starting to get a bad feeling about this one.

Nick

October !!!??? which year ???? :D .........sorry , I am leaving the stage :whistle:

Edited by alain11

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Cheetah11 said:

I am getting a bad feeling about this one.

Why? WnW's Lanc has been eight years in the making.

Just because there isn't an update every ten days means nothing.

Revell are one of the few manufacturers who state their prospective release date, seldom do they adhere to that.

Two years late, no sprue shots, no proposed decals, only cad drawings and a box art painting. I get the feeling they release cad drawings to test the water and then decide it is not wort it from the reaction to the proposed release. I hope I am wrong, but this seems all too familiar.

Nick

Would modellers prefer a 'rushed' release that suffers from some silly errors or a more accurate one that isn't?

These projects take a long time in development,  particularly if your waiting for them from original announcements.

I've been waiting for a 1/32 scale Sepecat Jaguar for many years, but I can wait some more if need be!

There appears to be a log jam of projects throughout the 'system' and this appears to me to be affecting all manufacturers at this time.

There are only so many designers and IM machines dedicated to this effort, let's hope all of them will be with us sooner than later though!

Happy waiting.........while you're doing this, go build something else! ;)

• 3 months later...

FWIW I'm still waiting for their F5-F to arrive in the U.K let alone the Mirage 2000!!

When they both eventually appear someone can have my money for them. 

Fortunately I still have over three hundred kits to choose from until then!!!!  :innocent:  

• 3 weeks later...