In my shed, five years work on and off.

Wafu

Stunning... this belongs in a museum ! If you can get it out of the shed, contact your nearest military museum or legion ... this deserves to be appreciated by many and with the family story to go with it is an important bit of history.

Vaughn

You totally took the words right out of my mouth! That was the first thought I had when I saw this amazing work.

Stunning!

Best regards;

Steve

Thunnus,

What a impressive build. You really nailed it. Most spirals I've seen in 1/48 scale leave a lot to be desired, but yours looks as perfect as I the real deal.  Just the right amount of AM details added to bring your build to the next level. And your camo paint scheme is dead on perfect.

Joel

First of all, thank you for all your likes, kind words, comments and suggestions.

I do plan to break it out of the shed, good job I went for double doors on the shed when I bought the shed, foward thinking from my wife me thinks;)

I am good friends with a professional photographer, I might have to pull a few favours and get some photos done. Having said that I will add some of the different scenes within the diorama, I'll add a little text to ex plane what was going through my head and how/what I used to replicate it.

Thank you all again.

Guest Peterpools

Brilliant work and a superb diorama. I can't imagine how many hours and hours went into such an amazing project

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Peter

Hello again.

In response for a few more pictures I've tried to do the best I could.

IMG_1841_zpsxvrfbld8.jpg

Officers and men drinking tea around the NAFFI and USA Red Cross trucks.

IMG_1842_zpsksw3x6vd.jpg

Time for the off, Troops move off for the final time before embarking the awaiting troop ships, while tanks from the 13th/18th Hussars pull ammunition sleds call Porpoises to the waiting LCT's

IMG_1843_zpsah7ttyys.jpg

IMG_1848_zpsjpd8m2kx.jpg

What would life be without officers and clipboards?? Two senior officers ensure every detail is checked while their staff WREN holds on to her cap in the stiff breeze. A Centaur tank of the Royal Marines reverses onto the LCT. On the dockside members of the press recorded the historical event for future generations.

IMG_1844_zpscdnyicgy.jpgIMG_1847_zpszequfqj9.jpg

Tank crews take a break and enjoy the proximity of the NAFFI van before lashing down the tanks for the sea crossing. Chance to chat, smoke and reflect on whats to come?

IMG_1845_zpsfxrjauz3.jpg

The Royal Navy busy as ever, the officers on the bridge receive and dispatch signals via semaphore and Aldis lamp, whilst the junior ratings on deck wait for further orders.

IMG_1846_zps4yxgx6ky.jpg

A civil policeman stops the traffic to ensure the troops cross safely, watched by a British Army Red cap. In the foreground, a photographer takes a snap of a regimental piper. 

I have to say I hate painting figures, 107 of them. I tried to improve but I think I've hit my peak.

Thanks again for the kind words and I hope you enjoy the few little extra photo's.