Italeri F-104J Starfighter in JASDF scheme. 203 Squadron

dmthamade

Progress!! Felt better today so i made up for lost time. Bit of a milestone as i have the build up on its gear, also remembered i was supposed to change the numbers to 46-8592....instead i just applied kit decals without changing numbers around.....darn. Guess this is a bit of a What-if.

IMG_5599_zps3k8kz6my.jpg

IMG_5600_zpsyflpdxyh.jpg

IMG_5601_zpsgjhk7kjw.jpg

I hope to have this done by the end of the week.

Don

I need to find a way to take pics so they are lighter, find the grey is difficult to work with. i'll have to play with lighting and settings more.

Edited by dmthamade

Don,

the F-104J looks outstanding finally standing on it's own legs. As for the numbers, 99% of us wouldn't have known that they're wrong, and most of us will have forgotten all about it by your next update. 

As for your photography issue, I can hopefully help, but 1st I need to know what camera you're using, and what editing program if any.

Joel

Thank you Joel for your kind offer!! I've tried different thinkgs, but ultimately, Photobucket seems to make the pics darker!! What i'll try is using the editing feature in PB, see what that does for me. Lighting also needs work, i'll have to get better tabletop lights.

99f84a6f-1db7-4589-8753-16e6f6dcbcb4_zps

I lightened this one up a bit, little bit better.

99f84a6f-1db7-4589-8753-16e6f6dcbcb4_zps

Don

Thanks for the encouragement, guys!! Still have a few more parts to install, tailpipe, shell ejector chute, and AOA sensor. Shouldn't take too long, but it's a great day outside, might not get done today. Aside from the panel line wash there is no weathering done, i 'm going to leave it like this, kinda like right out of the showroom. I was going to have an open canopy, but the Starfighter looks so good closed up and clean, though i still might install the fuselage missile rails.

Don

Don,

If you're having issues with photobucket, and who hasn't of late, make the move like I did to Image Shack. You won't believe the difference. 

Your pictures do look correctly exposed now. 

As for your decision to close the canopy, I concur. The lines of the F-104J just so much better this way.

Joel

Don,

If you're having issues with photobucket, and who hasn't of late, make the move like I did to Image Shack. You won't believe the difference. 

Your pictures do look correctly exposed now. 

As for your decision to close the canopy, I concur. The lines of the F-104J just so much better this way.

Joel

I think they still need tweaking a bit, more so the background. I usually use a blue background, will retry with blue. I know a lot of people have issues with PB, the only issue i've had so far was the darkening of my pics, going to play a bit...

Don