New to 1/32, looking for advice on kits

gr8bookworm

Hi all,

I'm stepping up to 1/32 and have not ever really paid much attention to what's out there so I'm looking for ideas on kits to buy.

I already have Tamiya f-14 , F-15's and F-16 kits and am looking for a Su-27b but what's next?

Mostly interested in jets

What good kits are out there? Any good Russian Mig's or Su''s?

Is there a good F-5 kit?

Hit me up with your thoughts.

Cheers,

Mark

The Italeri Mirage kits are nice ... not into Jets at all really, but I fancy that 'O' type in Australian livery ... Don't Tan Model have a F.111 on the books for future release too?

Trumpeter have a bundle of jets ... lucky dip on the most accurate renditions though. From what I've seen in real reviews, stay away from Kitty Hawk releases unless you thrive on fixing kit issues.

Rog :)

Plus one on the Revell Hunter. Very nicely moulded, bit of a challenge with the intakes but plenty of advice on the Interweb. Makes onto a beautiful model of one of the most beautiful jets ever made. I might be a bit biased, of course!! Oh, cheap as chips at the moment, too!

Edited by wunwinglow

Rog,

There is no jet (yet) from KH in 1/32.

The last releases - the OV-10, the T-28 and the Kingfisher - are overall cery good and can be built in great replicas, even if a bit fiddly.

The Revell Hunter is a good choice as well

Hubert

Hubert ...

If you read my post, I am not speaking from 1st hand experience in regard to Kitty Hawk ... I am only going off the BUILD (real) reviews that I've read ... 

(I always do when looking at a potential purchase)

You are entitled to your own findings of course ...

But anything that reads like I'll have to muck around with it too much on assembly due to poor engineering or quality - doesn't sound like enjoyment to me.

Mind you ... I'm not likely in the market for their subjects anyway ...

Last I looked the F-86 Sabredog was a jet ... I may be mistaken, though?

Tamiya's Phantoms are always a crowd pleaser, too.

... and it's a very funky looking aircraft with it's wings at all different unusual angles - heaps of variants, nationalities and colour schemes too.

Edited by Artful69

Trumpeter has some nice Russian jet's.....MIG 23, MIG 21, MIG 29, SU-27 and more. Depends however how far you wanna go with accuracy and fit.

Revell Hunter indeed is very nice, but also the Hawk, Sea Venom are nice kit's.

Italeri Starfighter (if you like cold war jets) and the F-35 (if you like ugly jets :oops: .....i said it again :evil_laugh: )

F-5 will come soon (i hope :hmmm: )

Special Hobby T-2 Buckeye and HK Gloster Meteor.

Greetz

Danny

If you're after a single seat Flanker and live in the UK let me know. I have two in the stash and am looking to part with one.

Judging by your tastes, I would put the forthcoming Tanmodel kits on the wanted list, starting with the Su-33 Sea Flanker.

And I second the Trumpeter A-6 Intruder. Pugnacious, but big and fascinating.

Tony

Hubert ...

If you read my post, I am not speaking from 1st hand experience in regard to Kitty Hawk ... I am only going off the BUILD (real) reviews that I've read ...

(I always do when looking at a potential purchase)

You are entitled to your own findings of course ...

But anything that reads like I'll have to muck around with it too much on assembly due to poor engineering or quality - doesn't sound like enjoyment to me.

Mind you ... I'm not likely in the market for their subjects anyway ...

Last I looked the F-86 Sabredog was a jet ... I may be mistaken, though?

... and it's a very funky looking aircraft with it's wings at all different unusual angles - heaps of variants, nationalities and colour schemes too.

Good point about the F-86 D, Rog. I had forgotten about it ... and it is another one that can be built into a nice representation, even if the lower intake area was troublesome for many.

Hubert

I built several F-5E's when that kit first came out. We'd haul 8 at a time in the C-5. 4 down each side! Hauled them to Iran, Kenya, Switzerland, Korea and new Aggressor's to Clark. Having grown up at Edwards AFB I have a couple Special Hobby X-15's and the old Revell X-1. Recently bought the HK B-17F and every time I open the box I get the "WOW FACTOR" and have to close it back up!!!!!