Another Hasegawa T bolt Bubbletop, my first LSP. November 12, 2022, It is DONE at last!!!!!!!!

Citadelgrad

8 hours ago, Citadelgrad said:

or should i keep fussing over it?

I admire your patience.  I'd have glued it all down long ago, as impatient as I am.

As an aside, I just finished Hub Zemke's book "Zemke's Wolfpack".  Was really good.  I didn't know that Gabreski actually pranged his own aircraft on a strafing run, crash landed, was captured, and served out the remainder of the war in a POW camp.  

38 minutes ago, JayW said:

I admire your patience.  I'd have glued it all down long ago, as impatient as I am.

As an aside, I just finished Hub Zemke's book "Zemke's Wolfpack".  Was really good.  I didn't know that Gabreski actually pranged his own aircraft on a strafing run, crash landed, was captured, and served out the remainder of the war in a POW camp.  

If memory serves, he was going around for another run, and got so low he struck the prop on a rise in the ground…

i forgot to model the cutout in the seat for this guy, for surely he needed extra room in that area.  They must have clanked when he walked. 

Brilliant work Bill!

I can't believe I was doing one when you started this one, but after having trouble with Alclad lifting off mine all over the place,  and the absolutely horrendous decals that came with the Montex Mask Scheme I was doing,  I stripped it, put it on the shelf of doom, and haven't looked at it since,....full respect to you for persevering with this build, through all the ups and down's, I wish I had your commitment!

Well done!

Cheer's,

Jeff. 

On 10/28/2022 at 10:03 PM, Citadelgrad said:

Well, its almost finished.  The pitot, antenna mast, and mechanical gunsight are just dry fitted.  i should affix all these and move on, or should i keep fussing over it?

What's to fuss over Bill ?  It looks done the way it is.

Have you decided what's next ?

9 hours ago, MikeMaben said:

What's to fuss over Bill ?  It looks done the way it is.

Have you decided what's next ?

It just seems so permanent to call it done…

i have not decided what to do next.  When i started this one, it was a raffle prize and my only LSP.

In the…cough…several years since i started, i have slowly added a stash.  Some are pretty basic kits, a couple are limited edition runs, and a few are “super” kits.  I dont want to move too quickly up the ladder.  I am still learning a lot and its hard to know what might be too much for my skill level. 

At one end i have the Revell 109G6, and Revell 190 F8, and the HE 162.  But honestly, i am  Not sure i can swing Luft mottle at this point.  

i have a couple Tamiya wonder kits, P51D/k and F4U-1A.

i have the HK DO 335B, and a ZM Shinden, and am waiting for a TA152 on order.

Then i have a Pacific TA 152c.  Can i handle a limited production kit?

Not sure where my Meng ME 163 fits, but i think you can sense a theme.  

11 hours ago, Citadelgrad said:

I dont want to move too quickly up the ladder.  I am still learning a lot and its hard to know what might be too much for my skill level.

Skill levels only improve with practice. Reading about and observing other builders only takes you so far. You gotta do it to improve.

11 hours ago, Citadelgrad said:

It just seems so permanent to call it done…

Do it Bill , it's a good feeling to wrap one up and move on to something new.  :thumbsup:

On 10/29/2022 at 4:08 PM, Jeff T said:

Brilliant work Bill!

I can't believe I was doing one when you started this one, but after having trouble with Alclad lifting off mine all over the place,  and the absolutely horrendous decals that came with the Montex Mask Scheme I was doing,  I stripped it, put it on the shelf of doom, and haven't looked at it since,....full respect to you for persevering with this build, through all the ups and down's, I wish I had your commitment!

Well done!

Cheer's,

Jeff. 

Thanks so much, Jeff, I really appreciate it.  

On 10/30/2022 at 9:42 AM, JayW said:

So effin' cool!!  Congratulations.

Jay, you are an inspiration.  I know it's not possible to do everything in 1/32 that you do on your big birds, but the attention to detail really helped me add to this build. 

16 hours ago, MikeMaben said:

Skill levels only improve with practice. Reading about and observing other builders only takes you so far. You gotta do it to improve.

Do it Bill , it's a good feeling to wrap one up and move on to something new.  :thumbsup:

Thanks, Mike, sounds like a plan.  Tonight I will add the little red T handle to the canopy, and permanently affix the cowl, radio mast, pitot and mechanical gunsight, and put a fork in her.  

15 hours ago, Dpgsbody55 said:

Your P-47 looks great as is.  I'd call it done and move on as there's only so much you can do.  You'll probably improve your skills by starting a new project, which may well give you a new appreciation for what you have done with this.

:goodjob:

Cheers,

Michael

Thanks, Michael.  Stay tuned for the next one.  

11 hours ago, Archer Fine Transfers said:

I can't ever remember a build where every little detail was sweated over like this one. 
Your patience is only exceeded by your obsession over details and execution of same.
BRAVO!

Many thanks, Woody, your patience and generosity really bumped this build up a few notches.   

15 minutes ago, Ayovan said:

She looks great Bill. Congrats on getting her done. You really did an outstanding job.

Andy

Thanks, Andy. Took forever but I am pretty happy with it. 

8 hours ago, MikeMaben said:

So we'll be expecting RFI shots before too long ???

Well, depends on what you thing "too long" is?  :unsure:

I still need to figure a pitot tube attachment that holds the correct angle, both horizontally and vertically, as the epoxy sets up, I need to add that mechanical gunsight that I am amazed I have not lost yet, and a tiny red T handle on the canopy.  Call all that 15 uninterrupted minutes at the bench.   

Then I need to grab some white poster board, and dust off the camera, AND I am leaving this week for about a week in Charleston for my....35th college reunion.   Wow the years fly by.  Almost exactly like the number of years I was away from the hobby.    

Somewhere in there I will take and post some RFI shots.  Likely mid week or later next week.