HK Models F-4K/M and B?

Starfighter Jock

Guest Peterpools

My policy on all the announcements for future kits that take years and years to hopefully show up:

Nice to know what you are planning on and I'm not holding my breath - I'm a bit too old for that. When the kits are finally available to buy, I'm a happy camper, until then, I don't give it a thought any more.

Peter  :)

I don't think either one is "scheduled".  Both are being worked on, but scheduling only invites problems.  They'll be done when they're done.  A P-51 is a LOT less design work than a Phantom.

What you (we) need to understand is that HK is a company with a small handful of employees.  Like a *tiny* handful.  Barely *even* a handful.  A lot of work is contracted out, and as a result, a lot of things are outside of HK's direct control.  If you don't have Sir Peter's gazillions of money to throw around, it's hard to make magic happen at the speed of light.  

That's completely fine. I'm in no rush. Whenever the P-51 is out, I'll buy it.

I still need to grab the Do335s, Meteor, B-25J Strafer, B-25H, and B-17E/F anyway.

Speaking of B-25H, is it still in production? Or do I need to scramble and find one somewhere? I haven't seen it in stock at Spruebros or Pacific Coast in a while.

Some of the best meals I've ever cooked were done low and slow.  Patience produces the best final product.  Trust me, I bet we all have enough in our stash to keep us plenty busy until they come out. 

We're not in line at McDonalds!

Still waiting on that F-100F from Trumpy.  Ought to be perfect!!!

We seem to live in an age when every consumer needs to know when the developer has farted.

Absolutely. Not.

I'm philosophical about the whole process but a little bit of "inside information" is why we frequent sites such as these, hoping for little morsels of encouragement and inspiration.

Tony

Guest Peterpools

I'm with Jim

Why does it matter that we need to know what their future plans are and then complain that there are no updates, no predicted release dates, no hint as to price and then the removers seem to start from those with inside info. Seems to me that some companies outside of North America do communicate as to what the future may bring and others don't.

Peter

I wonder how many of these 'impatient' modellers will actually BUY the products when they arrive? 

I remember one modeller on here who was asking for a particular subject for years and when asked by me if they had purchased the item, replied...... not yet!

Did they ever buy it?  Funny old world isn't it?

Guys,  the problem as I see it, and I am guilty of this practice as well so I am not throwing stones, is using the boards to gauge the prospect of a new model or accessory  demand and try to determine the value in allocating resources to that particular project.  Development costs are huge compared to the price of the item, so volume is necessary to have a profitable.  Let me share this item with you though great feedback on a new product can backfire.  I announced our F-4B/N Super Set 4 months before target introduction, we took 5 months to issue it and still ended up updating a couple of parts after the first kit run form feed back.   I had over 120 emails, PM's and other positive correspondence to make the kit and to date Fit has out done expectation.   We continually sell out and I am getting ready to make Kit #425-459 in the next week or so.   I have almost twice the requests for the F-4S Super Set, and are in batch 2 units 25-49.   So you see board feedback and input does not always translate into sales.  Thanks goodness the B sets have done very well so to cover the S set poor sales.   Our planned Recce sets are int he same position as there is a loyal following who want them, but not enough to warrant the investment.   Dealing with distributors is a whole other game with the kit manufacturers as they are the customers who drive the kit industry.   Food for thought

IN a way manufacturers are their own most enemy as once the hint is out, we want it now!   While many of us here want a big UK Phantom, perhaps the response does not warrant HK making it a top priority and that other kits show greater demand, hence greater profits.    IN an ideal world manufacturers would keep quiet about planned products so as not to create the anticipation with the community.   Kind of damned if you do and damned if you don't.   

The reality is that there are more models to build than any of us have time to complete.....which is a great thing to have.  Just be kind to the Manufacturers is we get behind or have a change, as everyone I know in the industry truly wants to do it all and make everyone happy.

Have a great day!

I agree Gary, investment doesn't always mean profit..

Take Airfix for instance, people howled about re issuing  the ancient kits before newer stuff...

Their ethos was, get some older popular kits out there, and in part, that should finance newer retools..

Some of it has worked , and others flopped...

And, while we're here, let's remember that WNW delayed their Fokker DVII for "quite" a while.... a year or more, and they had a similar delay with their Camel series. I'm in the camp of wanting the kit when it is ready, not when I am.

Agreed, 100% (I just wish I'd bought a case of D.VII's as I had intended.)