Hasegawa P-40E bringing back my mojo!

Cees Broere

Hi all,
I had a serious lack of modelling enjoyment after doing long drawn projects without any chance of finishing within a reasonable timeframe. The last model I finished was two years ago. I had started the Fly Hurricane earlier this year but that one ended up in the bin. I needed help..... :huh:.
So I went out to look for a simple kit of a subject that I liked (Dutch livery or RAF) but not too complicated such as twin engines etc. So it had to be a fighter. I found the Hasegawa P-40E Warhawk a very nice subject so this is intended to be a no frills model. I also kept it from LSP for a while and just concentrated on myself

Here are some pics to show the progress so far two weeks after I started. I can say the pleasure has returned and I have enjoyed building up and painting the cockpit using only the Eduard interior set.

Cheers
Cees

20170208_193910_zpscdgttpmm.jpg

20170208_201300_zpsyvqtrrcd.jpg

20170214_213937_zpsrwws5863.jpg

20170214_215049_zps05pugg5c.jpg

20170215_200547_zps2gkeywzp.jpg

20170218_171610_zpspatohle7.jpg

20170219_134521_zps2b6khgyb.jpg

Nice to see.  I've had that "overwhelmed by life" thing going on and crave a non-complex build (not sure what I was thinking with the B-17--that's going to be a long one!)

I have the M, N and K in the stash.  Hmmm.....

Looking good!

Tim W.

Nice Work, Cees. I was just noting your reply in my thread and thought I'd check out your stuff. I was just thinking this morning what a great project the P-40 is a 1/32 .. and then here you are doing one. Would imagine those that take on the big projects need a little one once in a while to keep the fires lit. I plan to keep some kit work going while managing the load of a scratch project.

Always good to see another P-40 here; such classic lines on this machine. The last 1:32  P-40 I built, was the old Revell kit, but I had a great time with it. Grabbing a Hasegawa kit has been something I've wanted to for quite some time now.

I will be following this thread having ordered this kit and a decal sheet. The Ac named "Grace" is my planned version. Grace being the name of my niece.

Information, such as the above regarding the canopy is of interest to me. Here's the sheet from Aussie decals.

For those who don't know, apparently 75 Sqn got its name because the RAAF got 75 P40's. :)

Image1.jpg

Image2.jpg