Roden O-2 Skymaster due in November

Kagemusha

The decal options are all Vietnam USAF, one grey - as box art, one black, and another camouflage.

I wouldn't trust their identification:

The Don't Shoot one with the many Snoopy markings is a modern warbird/museum scheme.

The black one ("Unicnown Unit") I'm not sure what it's from. I don't recall seeing black camoed O-2s in Vietnam carrying TAC badges or with large ghost nose art (which looks more like AC-130 nose art).

The camo one is an O-2B (67-21452).

Edited by ziggyfoos

This one is a MUST for me for sure. It will look great with my eventual OV-10 and O-1. Convenient that the decal options are not accurate, as none of them really tickled my fancy. 

I wouldn't trust their identification:
The Don't Shoot one with the many Snoopy markings is a modern warbird/museum scheme.
The black one ("Unicnown Unit") I'm not sure what it's from. I don't recall seeing black camoed O-2s in Vietnam carrying TAC badges or with large ghost nose art (which looks more like AC-130 nose art).
The camo one is an O-2B (67-21452).

Sounds like a job for AOA!     

Guest The Southern Bandit

Just had a quick look on Ebay and thought it would be much more expensive, reasonable price though so bought one to be shipped from Ukraine from a dealer with high positive feedback.

Pity about the a fore mentioned fictional decal scheme, I guess AM decals will be released in due course though ... guessing too with what looks like a highly visible cockpit/cabin interior much AM will follow too.

Looks a great subject for sure.

The biggest question for me is how the landing gear is going to hold up. Like for the Bronco, this seems like a model that could stand some G-Factor love.

My birddog of the same manfacturer has gone limp............I am cracking my head on how to replace them struts....looks like going to be major work.........

Hope the O-2 is not that bad.............but I was told that the first reviews of the O-2 don't look too good............anyways will wait for mine to come to form an opinion on it

rgds

Guest The Southern Bandit

Someone on here mentioned they have one, they mentioned that kit has some flash but looks OK otherwise, was looking for reviews of this kit last night but found none?

I wonder if it would be possible to reinforce kits landing gear with wire rod somehow if it proves to be a weak point?

Been considering the Birddog from Roden too, same goes for that kit gear wise reinforcement ... but I'll wait to see how I get on with this kit once it arrives first, still never built a Roden kit although I have a couple in the stash.

I have the O-1 kit, and have seen Eric's build, and the bird doesn't seem too heavy to me, so I'm wondering if he is having any problems with his?    I'm hoping the O-2 is light too, and haven't really seen anybody who built an O-1 complain about the landing gear. However, that doesn't seem to mean much as there are scant few builds out there it seems. 

My birddog of the same manfacturer has gone limp............I am cracking my head on how to replace them struts....looks like going to be major work.........

Hope the O-2 is not that bad.............but I was told that the first reviews of the O-2 don't look too good............anyways will wait for mine to come to form an opinion on it

rgds

Would the metal undercarriage from Scale Aircraft Conversions  resolve that worry for the bird dog undercarriage? Im sure that they will do the same soon for the O-2A