Roden O-2 Skymaster due in November

Kagemusha

Im SERIOUSLY hoping they tackle a 1/32nd Fairchild AU-23 Peacemaker!     Ive always had a love for the Pilatus Porter and this would be a great looking kit in 32nd:

Yesss! an other dream

and if this outstanding bird should be then declined into a civilian PC-6 Turbo Porter! as they do in 1/48th scale...

What a winner!

Edited by rafju

Found my 1/32 Roden Cessna O-2 kit under the Christmas tree... :yahoo:

The parts in my kit were OK, no warp, a bit flash and pretty clear unbroken transparant parts. The transparant parts I packed immediately in a plastic bag. I recommend when buying the kit in your local hobby shop to check first up front if anything is broken.

The kit decals are, as some others suggested before, better replaced with after market ones, we will wait and see what comes.

Today, I asked my modelling friend Cees if he had any additional O-2 walk around photos.....  Yes he had and forwarded them immediately!

So I have posted many additional O-2 walk around photos as well as other useful reference drawings for us large scale modellers on the IPMS NL site here:

https://www.ipms.nl/walkarounds/walkaround-vliegtuigen-props/2182-walkaround-cessna-o-2

Looking at those, also I think some additional raised rivets on the kit may be appropriate e.g. around doors etc (but need further researching that).

Happy New Year!

Meindert

Edited by mydesign

Found my 1/32 Roden Cessna O-2 kit under the Christmas tree... :yahoo:

The kit decals are, as some others suggested before, better replaced with after market ones, we will wait and see what comes.

Happy New Year!

Meindert

AOA decals have already announced their versions!: http://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?showtopic=72406 

Thanks for the walk around photos!

Guest The Southern Bandit

As regards my kit, its still not arrived yet, its from the Ukrainian dealer some have mentioned with high excellent feedback, earliest delivery I was given was before Christmas, Latest the 26th Dec ... and of course that was all still at close down here postage wise, did get a tracking UK number, it says error or something, but still not unusual when expecting kits or parcels from outside the country.

I'll leave it a week and chase it up, am not bothered about the delivery time really, it was dirt cheap postage and packing and I never expected next day delivery, just keen to see mine arrive and hope it has none of the badly warped fuselage issues that I read about ... I know I'll need an AM decal sheet too at least :)

As regards my kit, its still not arrived yet, its from the Ukrainian dealer some have mentioned with high excellent feedback, earliest delivery I was given was before Christmas, Latest the 26th Dec

I'm in the same boat with a Ukranian seller. Excellent service in the past, but package may have been caught up in the Christmas rush. Willing to wait patiently here in Canada.

Is the O-2 (as kitted) operates by the Rhodesian Air Force? Can't find much on it online.

The Rhodesia Air Force operated Rheims Cessna as the Lynx.  To convert to a Lynx requires some but not drastic changes.  I'm currently away travelling so away from my reference material but off the top of my head:

- add STOL kit = turned down wing ends and fence on top of wings

- additional fillet to base of vertical stabilised (fin)

- close off cockpit top windows

- change entry door and windows

- replace pilots window with bubble window

- add SAM shrouds to exhausts

- add two over wing 7.62mm machine gun pods

- fit appropriate Rhodesian under wing stores

Guest The Southern Bandit

I'm in the same boat with a Ukranian seller. Excellent service in the past, but package may have been caught up in the Christmas rush. Willing to wait patiently here in Canada.

Yup, new year postal holidays here too now, an awkward time to buy or sell, especially overseas, kit will arrive.