My Jet Nightmare - (Revell 1.32 Me-262 B-1a/U1) Upd 13/03

Volture

Hi my friends

After a very difficult project ive made the F-105G ....i decide to start  the Me-262 B-1a/U1 the all new model of Revell in 1.32 scale and the main reference by Kagero mongraph - 3d Edition!The study of this just started!!...The only sure this could be a great paint challenge for my skill because of the camo that it has!!

Stay tune my friends 

Regards 

Philippos

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Edited by Volture

Hi my friends

Ok....lets start with the cockpit!!Adding many of wires on the main dashboard and some tubes to the place of stick!!Wiring and curving its a challenging procedure!

Regards

Philippos

I don't know about challenging, that looks more like Mission Impossible to me, great work

Cheers

Dennis

Hi my friends

As i was checking some parts and in the accuracy research procedure i found out different dimensions and shapes in a first comparisson with the old kit of the Trumpeter!Is the revell kit wrong at the dimensions and shapes as the comparisson photos shows or not?

Opinions or some accurate blueprints need it

Thank you

Regards Philippos

8.jpg

10.jpg

1.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

2.jpg

9.jpg

3.jpg4.jpg

https://goo.gl/photos/R7BJanjJTbDeadDu9

https://goo.gl/photos/1Qd1A3gx1jCCzKxMA

Here is a comparison between the Trumpeter canopy and the real thing. It appears that the Trumpeter canopy is too high and too bulbous. I have no idea what references Trumpeter used, but when the Revell kit was designed, the information used was quite solid, a mixture of factory drawings and measurements of the aircraft preserved in museums. 

HTH 

Radu 

Philippos​,

Looking forward to your build, and especially the paint camo scheme. 

When there is a choice of kits for a particular build, I do indeed try to determine from reference materials, pictures, and online reviews, which is the more accurate and why. If there is only one kit, then I'll try to enhance it to the best of my skills, but as long as it turns out to look like what it represents, then I satisfied with the results.  Such is the case with wanting a P-51B in my collection.

Joel

Hi my friends,

First of all i want to thank all for helpping me with the photos and advices about the accuracy checking!!My base for this check was the real thing and i think the Revell kit catches with a great way the lines of the aircraft.

So...the main cockptit parts are ready for the first layer of color!The fuselage assembled and the deadly front compartment of th 4 MG 30mm canons are on!!A deadly aircraft!!!

Regards 

Philippos

1.jpg

5.jpg

3.jpg

2.jpg

4.jpg

Nice start!

The short barreled guns were a mixed bag. They had tremendous punching power, but the short barrel made difficult hitting anything that was maneuvering in the air. Even against Bombers you had to come close to hit sufficiently, i. e. also close to good numbers of heavy machine guns. Well suited to destroy twins and fourmots, not so much suited facing Allied fighters. You had to know your tacticts and to master the very tricky behaviour of your mount too to use the hitting power succesfully.

Regards

- dutik

Philippos​,

Excellent start to the cockpit and the MG bay as well. The wiring for the IP panel really looks quite good, and should easily fools the viewers eyes as to the amount of detail there is. Looking forward to your next update as I'm curious to see how that area behind the IP turns out.

Joel