Trumpeter 1/32 A-6E Intruder VA-35 AA-501

Emilio

Hello everybody,

I`m going to build, as the title obviously suggests Trumpy`s 1/32 A-6E TRAM Intruder:

sPnM9JM.jpg

The aftermarket items which will be used are AMS Resin A-6E wheels, FOD covers, a pitot tube from Profimodeller, Eduards´ exterior PE and Quickboost seats which Lothar very kindly sent to me. For the markings I`m going to use  AOA Decals´ "The Intruders´ sandbox" and I will depict exactly this version:

fyYGKhe.jpg

JxhsShV.jpg

I hope that I can achieve this typical touched up look.

Emil

**** EDIT **** Pictures continue on page 5 ****

Edited by Emilio

I already started working on the cockpit and the radar with adding some wiring. It is not really like on the real thing but it makes things look busier

DSC01607_1_zpsqc8cioas.jpg

DSC01608_zpsglwhplee.jpg

DSC01616_zpseuklxety.jpg

In addition to that I got the seats ready for paint, they are Gru-7 seats for a F-14A, so I just had to modify the ejection pull handle to make them suitable for an A-6E

DSC01613_zpsigmfnuau.jpg

Emil

Yes, I really can`t wait to paint this beast. I made some progress today and slapped some paint on the cockpit and the seats

DSC01632_zpsax4gji74.jpg

DSC01630_zpsbemzp5xs.jpg

The colour came out a little bit too light but weathering will hopefully darken it. Next steps are finishing the detail painting and then weathering the cockpit up

Emil

Here are some pics of the particular a/c you are doing, you can zoom in on them or downloaded them (the down arrow symbol), one of then is a larger version of the one you posted:

Jari

That looks delicious :), like something chocolate with vanilla and oat flakes...

But nothing compared to your scratch building abilities  ;)

Here are some pics of the particular a/c you are doing, you can zoom in on them or downloaded them (the down arrow symbol), one of then is a larger version of the one you posted:

Jari

Thank you for sharing this, but I already have all of them on my hardrive  :whistle:

Emil

No problem, i'm sure others may enjoy the images as well. What time period do you plan to have your Intruder in? Desert Storm or afterwards? How do you plan to display it as most times you don't see the engine covers on the a/c, especially during normal day to day operations on the carrier deck. Also do you plan to have the a/c loaded with weapons or just fuel tanks? 

Jari

It is, according to the decals from Desert Storm. I plan on displaying it with the intake cover, but that isn`t sure yet. I will show the radar and one open engine cover, because Trumpeter offers the detail. So it`s more like a maintenance scenario. And I`m also tempted to make a bomb truck, which then wouldn`t be quite appropriate.

Emil

Edited by Emilio