Trumpeter 1/32 A-6E Intruder VA-35 AA-501

Emilio

Thanks Joel and Finn, these pictures are good reference, I guess I will have to paint the rear intake part on the engine white. And I will go with a white engine bay, it seems weird that the bay doors and the wheel wells are white and the engine bay green.

Emil

Emil the fuze extenders went out of service with the Navy when they switched to proximity fuzes which could be set for various heights. Also normally they wouldn't put conical tail Mk-82s with Snakeyes on the same MER due to the fact they fall differently even if the fins don't open up. 

Jari

Edited by Finn

Thats are really helpful picture, Jari. Thanks for all the help  :thumbsup: .

One part I really don`t like on the kit is the front area of the bay, where the engine connects to the air intake. I guess I will have to scratchbuild this wall.

Emil

Anyone know when they started painting A-6A radomes the upper grey color(continued from the fuselage)rather than the yellow pasty color that seems to be common on A-6A's from ~'68 to '72?

Cheers

Collin

Anyone know when they started painting A-6A radomes the upper grey color(continued from the fuselage)rather than the yellow pasty color that seems to be common on A-6A's from ~'68 to '72?

Late 60s, at least by 69 there could be grey on the nose.