1/48 revell F/A 18-E

Planesimple81

Hey guys...and gals, whatever the case may be. This is a wip i bought with the sole intention of chopping up to practice my surgery skills. I had built one back in the rattle can days and remembered it was a decent representation of the subject and super cheap... paid $12USD.

Im just now getting confident enough to take a perfectly good kit and hack it up. I started thinking it would be an easy task to start out on. Only after i cut one of the flaps off did i realize i was in for a little more than i bargained.i wont bore u with the details and i havent been documenting the work.

I would say im in the home stretch now. Most of the paint work is finished. Wheel wells and accompaning doors plus the mlg and front landing gear are all that remain plus some stores work.

20170217_180847_zps0le9v2rw.jpg

First up the box of horror

20170217_181015_zpshwngnrov.jpg

Canopy needs to be stripped, polished, and repainted. First time removing mold seam and at some point got something all over it.

20170217_175849_zpstz6fn9qj.jpg

20170217_175917_zpsi6iytlqy.jpg

Stabs, i probably should have attatched these during assembly. The fit is decent but could benefit from a little filler.

20170217_180539_zpsnfc6ti8q.jpg

20170217_180735_zpsmvs3dzew.jpg

Stores somewhat started... off the sprues anyway

20170217_175743_zpsrvtiomsz.jpg

20170217_175230_zps6xyrqjw3.jpg

Getting there slowly. Ive been on it for 2 months. Although with the schedule and kids could take me 2 more months.

20170217_175637_zpsp5trmaov.jpg

Flaps. Turned out ok, could have been better with a little more planning and better exacution. Way better that the alternative straight winged toy.

20170217_181128_zps6sd5pnyg.jpg

All in all its turning out to be a great exerience, albeit a learning one.

Sure, here you go. I never got very far with it though, to be honest. It's at least here in the house though, which is more than I can say about a lot of my stuff.

Would have liked to see how u finished her off... but then again ive got several unfinished projects. Seems to be a disease for us modelers.

Jeff

Very nice work on the F/A-18E. Surely is going to be a well use aircraft with a lot of time at sea.

Keep 'em coming

Peter

I do like em dirty. Weathering is my favorite part of a build. To me its when all the build up and hard work starts to pay off. Its a thrill seeing shiny plastic turn into dull steel in front of your eyes.

Jeff

Would have liked to see how u finished her off... but then again ive got several unfinished projects. Seems to be a disease for us modelers.

Jeff

Indeed it is. It's on the "to do" pile, but at this time, I have no idea when that will be.