ZM Heinkel He 219 Uhu:5/26/17: BACK WITH A VENGEANCE

Guest Peterpools

Guest Peterpools

Thanks Ron

She sure is a handful and I'm going to play it safe and order a backup set of MRP paints for the fuselage and wings to be on the safe side. The Owl semi fits in between the Mossie and Mitchell is size and wing span and I know how the Mossie consumed a healthy amount of paint.

Peter

Guest Peterpools

Shaka, Very much appreciated.

Just love them socks.

I considering a small vignette for the Owl with a few figures and maybe a bit of equipment as well - but that's down the road a ways.

Peter

Edited by Peterpools

Guest Peterpools

Thank JA

Just got lucky with the scribing and spent hour after hour sanding to get a nice, smooth fit of the large panels. Scribing the Scooter - could be arrange - we just need to workout a payment plan :wicked:

Bro

Guest Peterpools

Much appreciated John

The Owl seems more like old school with all the cleanup but thank goodness it's all done and I have my fingers crossed the balance of the parts will be a lot better.

Peter

Guest Peterpools

Carl, so very much appreciated.

Looking over the Ow,l I thought I would try and do as much as the scribing and cleanup work now, as once the wings or even the tail surfaces go on, handling the model would be a huge challenge.

Peter

Edited by Peterpools

Guest Peterpools

Hi Oliver

Thank you for the compliments. Geez, I've been having nightmares thinking about doing the cammo. Seems the cammo isn't done by painting the blotches on but rather creating them by painting all the wavy lines and patterns. Nothing ever seems to go easy.

Guest Peterpools

Much appreciated Alan.

Now that the instructions and I have come to terms, there haven't been any new surprise to trip over.

Looking forward to the detail painting this week as a nice break from building and sanding.

Peter

Guest Peterpools

Hi Wolf

Much appreciated the compliments.

Any progress on your Mossie as we're all looking forward to the next update.

Peter

Breathtaking!

Wow, Peter, it just keeps getting better and better.

I'm sure that with the difficulties you have described that this is surely a labor of love.  But you have taken this kit with a lot of shortcomings and are turning it into a work of art.  Your skills are very much in evidence.

Brilliant work!

John