ZM Heinkel He 219 Uhu:5/26/17: BACK WITH A VENGEANCE

Guest Peterpools

Guest Peterpools

Much appreciated Brother Bear.

Painting and air brush work has always been my favorite part of any build

Peter

Guest Peterpools

Thank You Jay for the very kind words

After all these years bet you never thought I would be building aircraft of the Third Reich?  colors and paint work has been a bit of a challenge but I'm finally starting to figure it out.

Peter

Guest Peterpools

Much appreciated Guy

Something very different for me and enjoying the process of figuring it all out

Peter

Thank You Jay for the very kind words

After all these years bet you never thought I would be building aircraft of the Third Reich?  

Peter

It's funny, I'm avoiding putting German aeroplanes in Luftwaffe markings. Hard with an Uhu. Unless you could do a captured example.

All my FW190's will be captured aircraft. G10 is post war. RAF, Swiss, Romanian, Finnish 109's etc. Same story with Japanese AC. I just found Indonesian markings for my Oscar. :)

BTW. Following!  :popcorn:

It's funny, I'm avoiding putting German aeroplanes in Luftwaffe markings. Hard with an Uhu. Unless you could do a captured example.

All my FW190's will be captured aircraft. G10 is post war. RAF, Swiss, Romanian, Finnish 109's etc. Same story with Japanese AC. I just found Indonesian markings for my Oscar. :)

BTW. Following!  :popcorn:

Jay,

That's a very interesting concept. Any reason why you're avoiding German markings on their own aircraft?

Joel

Guest Peterpools

Hi Dale

I'm pretty sure I've seen a few photographs of the Owl in captured markings - I'll poke around.

Calling martin, calling Martin

I found one in RAF markings

air_he219_2_zpsijxzvkk3.jpg

Peter

Edited by Peterpools

Jay,

That's a very interesting concept. Any reason why you're avoiding German markings on their own aircraft?

Joel

Is this for me?

No reason other than I want to do it differently. For example, a Mig 3 is going into Luftwaffe colours. :)

I may not be any good, but I can be different. ;)

Hi Dale

I'm pretty sure I've seen a few photographs of the Owl in captured markings - I'll poke around.

Calling martin, calling Martin

I found one in RAF markings

air_he219_2_zpsijxzvkk3.jpg

Peter

Gotta say, it looks awesome like that. :D

I am sure Martin will sniff something out. :)

Peter,

As ever you have an amazing eye for detail and every part of your build looks like it should just be left 'as is' for everyone to enjoy, but then when you close it all up the finish is even better!  I hear you on the German colors.  I have set aside a 109 for that reason - I can't seem to figure out the cockpit colors for starters.  Your paint collection but be wide and deep - one of these days you'll have to post a pic of your set up.

A question and an offer:

1.  Can you go into some detail on those seatbelts?  How you got them together - did you weather them, etc?  I use the HGW belts but can't seem to weather them correctly.  Many apologies if you did already do an explanation but I missed it in the thread.

Offer:  Feel like taking a drive down to Northern Virginia April 29 and showing off your fine work at our Model Classic 2017?  Its one of the largest modeling shows on the East Coast and the models you will see on the tables are amazing - your planes will fit right in.  (Details here: http://www.novaipms.org/).  I'll even pick up your entry fee!  Come on down and bring your bro, we are also right close to Udvar Hazy so make it a killer weekend.

:hi:  :please:

Chris

Dale,

Sorry for mix up in names.  I'm claiming a senior moment once again. :frantic: 

It's still an interesting and different point of view.  Looking forward to seeing them as  you finish each one.

Joel

Peter,

As ever you have an amazing eye for detail and every part of your build looks like it should just be left 'as is' for everyone to enjoy, but then when you close it all up the finish is even better!  I hear you on the German colors.  I have set aside a 109 for that reason - I can't seem to figure out the cockpit colors for starters.  Your paint collection but be wide and deep - one of these days you'll have to post a pic of your set up.

A question and an offer:

1.  Can you go into some detail on those seatbelts?  How you got them together - did you weather them, etc?  I use the HGW belts but can't seem to weather them correctly.  Many apologies if you did already do an explanation but I missed it in the thread.

Offer:  Feel like taking a drive down to Northern Virginia April 29 and showing off your fine work at our Model Classic 2017?  Its one of the largest modeling shows on the East Coast and the models you will see on the tables are amazing - your planes will fit right in.  (Details here: http://www.novaipms.org/).  I'll even pick up your entry fee!  Come on down and bring your bro, we are also right close to Udvar Hazy so make it a killer weekend.

:hi:  :please:

Chris

Chris, that's a great idea! How about it Peter and Joel?

Jay

I'm starting to feel a bit of frustration creeping in with fit issues and all the flash/molding line clean up needed all along the way.

Peter looking amazing, I know what you mean about cleanup etc, stumbling along with my SH Tempest V, let's just say it's not a Tamiya kit, so I feel your angst.......