ZM Heinkel He 219 Uhu:5/26/17: BACK WITH A VENGEANCE

Guest Peterpools

Peter

a quick heads up when replying to multiple comments: click on the multiquote tab on each comment you want to reply to. Once you've selected X number of comments, click on the 'reply to x number of quoted posts' tab that pops up on your screen. You can then reply to all comments individually on one screen.

Guest Peterpools

UPDATE: 3/30/17: Suffering Succotash

While taking a short break from fitting the nose section to the main fuselage, I thought I would get a bit of a jump start on the engine nacelles, wheel wells and then head back over to complete the fuselage. Hopefully, everyone knows who Sylvester J. Pussycat of Looney Tunes fame is and he summed up my feelings perfectly: Suffering Succotash! I decided to do as much as I could of the detailed hand painting, which should get me rolling right into the same type of painting on the fuselage sides.

Detail is nicely done and there weren't any problems in completing the paint work. The gem was locating the parts in their correct places and orientation; molding flash was still ever present.

Except for the rear nacelle bulkhead (precise fit is non existent) all the parts are just sitting in place, being test fitted as need be.

There are quite a few more parts to paint and add but that will come after the fuselage is completed. While I was at it and on a role, I decided to go back and do a lot more detail painting on the three fuselage fuel cells, which were my first shot at testing the waters.

Hopefully, the engines can be added after all the painting is done, saving a boat load of masking - see what happens and my fingers are crossed.

Next up:

Completing the fuselage.

Thanks for checking in

Peter

_PCW3764_zpsyoyyassf.jpg

_PCW3771_zpsqzvclu7p.jpg

_PCW3766_zpssbwc5uva.jpg

_PCW3765_zpsxw0tgcm1.jpg

_PCW3767_zpsjzsjc17f.jpg

_PCW3769_zps6w4mzpc6.jpg

Brilliant work, Peter

You've really made the "innards" come alive on this kit. I'm looking forward to seeing how that work enhances the look of the full aircraft when it's in its vignette.

This is really a classic build, Peter. Very much 'old school' in all of the best ways.

John

hello Peter ZM should hire you and pay you big  for such a fantastic presentation, that makes over-engeneered kit look like Kinder Surprise build :).

If I may suggest, I would go easy with that red colour or fill points, I do not have colour picture, it just doesn't seen right for German plane.

Sincerely

M.

dSQXYxW.jpgGSd1dFJ.jpg

Guest Peterpools

Thanks John

We're both old school in many ways for sure. I'm back working on the fuselage and just keep asking myself why so little attention was paid to precise part location; as it always comes back later on to and raises it's ugly head in effecting how other parts fit.

Peter

Guest Peterpools

Martin Thank you for the very kind words. Yup, I tossed and turned about the red filler caps and left them that way, just to add a bit more interest - just poetic license. If need be, I can change them to a dark black/gray a bit later on.

Peter