ZM Heinkel He 219 Uhu:5/26/17: BACK WITH A VENGEANCE

Guest Peterpools

Pete,

Finally had the time to get caught up. The fuel cells are perfectly painted with just enough washes to pop out all those details.

Outstanding effort in painting and then detail painting those engines. the tops which are in reality the bottom of the block, looks the part of a brand new set of engines just off the assembly line.  I particularly like the color you used for the red oxide color rubber tubing. It's about the best representation I've yet seen.

As I asked you at our every other week Sunday breakfast, will both engines be displayed with open panels? Sure would be a shame not to show those puppies off.

Gotta be the best quote I read in your Intro. Sorry that I can't remember who said it, but it's a classic for sure.

It's just like a Mosquito...only German.

Joel

Edited by Joel_W

Guest Peterpools

Thanks JA but I think I overpaid at breakfast this morning!

The fuel cells after a lot of sanding, were all painitng and my favorite part of any build. Of course, don't ask me the brand of brushes I use, as we were discussing it this afternoon.

The red is called out as Vermillion in the instructions.  Yup, the DB 603' will be hanging in the wind for sure; one completely and one with a few engine cowling panels still on.

I'm planning on having a lot of the access panels open as the interior details can be seen.

Bro

Guest Peterpools

Thanks Ron

I'm actually starting to feel as if I am getting the feel for ZM kits ... just way different then what I am use to

Peter

Guest Peterpools

Chris

Much appreciated and I've been putting in a lot of OT to finish up the engines;  "The Old Man" really went to town  and they really are amazing to. All the plumbing and wiring is now done and I'm working on the engine's last three assemblies: the armor plate, radiators and exhausts.

Peter

Guest Peterpools

Thank You Dennis for the very kind compliments. yes the engine cowling s will be completely off one engine and about 3/4's off the other and they il be completely open and visible, just as on the Mossie.