Weta Camel Preorders available again

SWApilot

And this is when WETA say they're going to ship them:  "Pre-order Now - Shipping early Q2 2017"  I prepaid for mine back in January.  People who hadn't preordered have their kits already and those of us who kept our preorders with WETA are now getting the shaft.... (1970's term for gettin screwed).  Unless they do something out of this world like refund my shipping or something along those lines, I won't do business with WETA ever again and will think twice about giving my hard-earned money to Wingnut Wings before the kit is actually in house and ready for sale.  In case it isn't obvious, I am not a happy person about this garbage.

Edited by Juggernut

Guest Peterpools

Pretty poor business practices. I've made it a point years ago, NEVER pre-order. I only buy when the kit is available to ship.

Peter

Simply said, i never pre-order anything. I just wait for the kit when it's in stock and order it. I never had any troubles doing it this way. Be glad you guy's in the U.S. have SB now to order you're WNW kit's. For us Europeans, the only game in town for ordering WNW kit's at a fair price is true WETA or Hannants.

Greetz

Danny

Yeah, after all the trouble guys seem to keep having w/Weta, I am staying FAR, FAR away from those guys. They wont ever get any of my money now that I know how it can be with SB.com. 

NOW we just need Gordon and crew down there to get a really REALLY BIG WnW order in! 

This is one of those few situations where I dont think a WnW order of theirs could be TOO big. I think they will completely sell out of however many Camels they get in. 

Edited by Out2gtcha

Guest Peterpools

Brian

Completely agree and my first three WNW kits from SB were at the lowest price plus free shipping. I'll wait until SB has more WNW in stock and hopefully also will be bringing in all the available kits as well.

Peter

For us Europeans, the only game in town for ordering WNW kit's at a fair price is true WETA or Hannants.

Greetz

Danny

Not so, WnW have done a deal with a new European Distributor based in Germany, they in turn have opened up to Retailers (Including BlackMike Models) throughout Europe. You'll now find you have a lot more choices when it comes to buying WnW kits. Hopefully this will not only be good news for the Customers but also for Wingnut Wings themselves.

The first shipment for the new Distributor is due to arrive in Hamburg in the middle of March.

Duncan B

BlackMIke Models

Not so, WnW have done a deal with a new European Distributor based in Germany, they in turn have opened up to Retailers (Including BlackMike Models) throughout Europe. You'll now find you have a lot more choices when it comes to buying WnW kits. Hopefully this will not only be good news for the Customers but also for Wingnut Wings themselves.

The first shipment for the new Distributor is due to arrive in Hamburg in the middle of March.

Duncan B

BlackMIke Models

Indeed, that's true, and for some modelers that will be the game in town, but not for us modelers in Belgium and the Netherlands. Shipping cost's from Germany are much more then the shipping cost's when we order at WETA which is based at Eindhoven in the Netherlands. Also the speed of delivery is much less when buying at WETA. I ordered also in the past from the retailer you mentioned Duncan, and shipping cost's where high and delivery was very slow almost two weeks, taking in mind that the stuff i ordered where not kit's but little stuff. That said, they give a very good service but i'm afraid it's the German postal system that is the painstaking problem.

The last time i ordered from WETA was november 2016, two Pfalz kits, shipping cost 8.50€, time of delivery 4 day's, that's what i call service. I know most of you guy's don't want do anything anymore with WETA, but for me, i had very good experiences with them, so when i buy again a WNW kit, it will be true WETA.

Greetz

Danny