QF-4 decals

jmel

i'm tossing the idea around of making some 1/48 QF-4 decals available, and may include options in 1/32 on the sheet.  Your thoughts?  

Here is the post from the Reid Air Publications Facebook page.

Is there an interest in this sheet? I've shot walkarounds of every QF-4E Heritage jet ever painted, but most all look identical with the exception of tail numbers.  I've thrown this sheet together over the past week and it includes a variety of the standard jets in the SEA camo, but also has some of the unique jets in Hill II, SEA wraparound, and Euro 1.  It also covers the two Heritage jets that flew the phinal mission on 21 Dec.  I have some room left on the sheet, so maybe I could include a 32nd option?   1/48 travel pods?  I'm not sure.

If there is interest, I can send this over to Cartograf now and have it included with the sheets currently printing.  Understand that these are QF-4s, so they require a bit of scratch building to use on a model.

Let me know your thoughts!! 

48017_QF-4_SHG.jpg

This is one of the two from the Phinal Phlight, if you put her on there in 1/32 I would be in for sure!!

I've got a few hours flying that jet so if I'm able, I'll certainly do it.  I took extensive walkarounds of it and it'll be on the 48th sheet for sure, if it comes to fruition.

1/32 option is always good to have :thumbsup:  But is there a conversion available to convert a normal F-4 into a QF-4? I remember Sierra Hotel has announced a QF-4 conversion in 1/32 many years ago but it never hit the market????

There is not.  That is my trepidation to have this sheet come to market.

Here is the completed artwork for 48017 covering QF-4Es in the Heritage Flight schemes. Options for 6 jets are included dating back to 2009, and covering jets from Tyndall and Holloman. All 6 are in 1/48, plus one option available in 1/32. This is at Cartograf now and will print with the batch sent last month.

Available at www.reidairpublishing.com very soon.

48017_QF-4_SpeedHunterGraphics.jpg