Special Hobby Westland Whirlwind Mk 1

Oooo not seen the Dieppe raid aircraft images before, great photos and really does show the slapped on fashion on the nose cone.  I have recently finished the Classic Airframes kit as a Dieppe raid machine and that a great kit which has great cockpit details and shape.  Although I did scratch various details too.

I am very much looking forward to the Special Hobby kit and having seen their cockpit details ( okay the seat is the wrong shape but we need something to change) I have very high hopes for the kit and I can't wait.

Chris

On 8/5/2020 at 3:31 AM, nmayhew said:

Cool stuff :speak_cool:

What for are the small bumps above the wing tips behind the position lights?

Regards

- dutik

13 hours ago, VW Chris 1969 said:

Oooo not seen the Dieppe raid aircraft images before, great photos and really does show the slapped on fashion on the nose cone.  I have recently finished the Classic Airframes kit as a Dieppe raid machine and that a great kit which has great cockpit details and shape.  Although I did scratch various details too.

I am very much looking forward to the Special Hobby kit and having seen their cockpit details ( okay the seat is the wrong shape but we need something to change) I have very high hopes for the kit and I can't wait.

Chris

Although often reported as a fact, Whirlwinds did not take part in the Dieppe raid. The scheme in the photos is for a pre D Day experiment/ German defenses probe around the Pas De Calais named Operation Starkey.

Steve

On 8/9/2020 at 10:11 PM, Bradleygolding said:

Although often reported as a fact, Whirlwinds did not take part in the Dieppe raid. The scheme in the photos is for a pre D Day experiment/ German defenses probe around the Pas De Calais named Operation Starkey.

Steve

Thanks Steve for putting me right, every day is a learning day.  

All the best

Chris

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...